Banned

Trolling motor mounting

The boat I Bought had the trolling motor mounted on opposite side of bow . Going to remount it like all other boats have them , should I mount it in front of bow light or behind it . Motor is Minn Kota Terrnova , with a 52 inch shaft . Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    I would mount it forward of the light.

3. Banned
    Okay, was trying different angles st the bow , like you said in front of bow light .

4. Banned
    Might have to mount behind bow light,arms are too big ,cant reach the edge of the bow . Besides ,there so much foam in there that needs to be removed. So am I going to mount it behind the light,at least I will be able to reach the bolts to secure the motor.On starboard side of bow (point).

5. Member
    I have had a total of 8 trackers, going back to an origional 1979. I always move my trolling motor to the right side. It's alot easier to put it in & out of the water with my right hand with it on the right side. My last PT175tx had it on the left, got it the day before I went to Fla, so I didn't have time to move it. Drove me CRAZY. & wore out the rope pulling it across from opp. side, Talked to my dealer & others & people at Tracker, none can tell me why its nearly always on the left.

6. Member
    I agree, most people are right handed and it is awkward deploying it using the left hand. I thought about switching mine when I re-carpeted and wrapped my boat 2 years ago.

I had to cut my light holder with a band saw to make my ultrex 80 fit.

came out nice.