2000 21 foot SS extreme

I have a 2000 21 SS Extreme with a 2005 250 Evinrude DI. I'm planning on going from 3 group 27 batteries to 3 group 31s. Last year I played a lot around with my PTP. Do you think I'll have to raise my motor with the added weight in the back or will it only effect me getting out of the hole?

2. Member
    It will affect holeshot a bit. 100lbs up front is like 25lbs in the rear. For about every 100lbs you gain will cost you 1mph ish. I’d run it and see what you get. You can try moving weight around in the boat if holeshot gets worse but top end doesn’t change.

3. Member
    There's about a 5# difference in weight between a group 27 and 31. Toss 15# in the back of the boat and see if it handles differently

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    It will affect holeshot a bit. 100lbs up front is like 25lbs in the rear. For about every 100lbs you gain will cost you 1mph ish. I’d run it and see what you get. You can try moving weight around in the boat if holeshot gets worse but top end doesn’t change.
    I was going to put all three batteries in the back. Never really thought about mounting the battery in the front

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    There's about a 5# difference in weight between a group 27 and 31. Toss 15# in the back of the boat and see if it handles differently
    I thought it was more than that.

6. Member
    No no, keep your batteries in the back. I’m more referring to things like tools, Extra heavy tackle. Those things are best in back for top speed, but if your holeshot suffers, you can move some things to the front to help bring the nose down coming out of the hole. You might have to drop a pitch too. There are lots of items out there to help improve holeshot, motor wedges being one. But I wouldn’t change anything until you install the batteries and run it, as it may not affect performance all that much.

7. Banned
    Do not move weight forward their is a reason it was designed with the batteries in the back. Going from 27 to 31 series batteries is not going to change your hole shot.

8. Member
    Thanks guys for the help. I'm going to pickup the new batteries this week. I will keep you posted.

9. Member
    I ended putting in a 4th 31 battery for strarting and electronics. Last week with two full gas tanks and two full livewells, it took me what felt like a hundred yards to get on plane. Once I got up and going I was fine.

I am still running the Razor 26. I had 3 medium PVS plugs in it, and I switched them all out to large PVS plugs. Not too much improvement.

I'm looking for a trophy in 24, but haven't found anything reasonable yet.

10. Member
    Pull one of the large Pvs plugs out, if no blowout pull another one. Do you have shallow water anchors?

11. Member
    I pulled out one plug and I'm waiting to test drive. I do not have shallow water anchors