power pole boards keep going out.

So my power poles sportsman II, were made in 2015 and I got the boat in 2016. About 8-9 months after I got the boat I had a board go out. Power pole replaced it under warranty.

So I moved from the lake and rarely use the boat since late 2017, maybe 2-3 times a year.

Middle of 2019 I had the other power pole quit working. I contacted power pole at the beginning of this year when I was getting ready to do some fishing and they sent me a new board for $150... I put it in and used the boat 1 time and parked it. I went to the lake last weekend and the power pole that I put the board in 2.5-3 years ago quit working. I assume it's the board again.

I have checked and it has good voltage through the fuse with a voltmeter. It blinks green when powered on and when I push the buttons directly on the pump nothing happens.

When I'm not using the boat I always turn the main power disconnect off, which shuts power off to them.

Do these really go out this often? I'm ready to take them off and buy talons. No more than I use the boat these should last a lot longer... I'm not wanting to spend $150 again to use the boat a couple times and one of them to quit working again.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Never see the boards go out that often maybe 1 now and again. But never multiples per customer. I personally have had 2 sets of poles now over 6 years and have never had a board failure. I would say you have some othet kind of issue going on that you keep going thru boards so often.. give powerpole a call and explain exactly as you mentioned above and see what they say... if you think you will be better served with a talon you may wanna do some more research.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 05-05-2020 at 07:01 AM.

3. Member
    Are the pumps mounted in the battery box and if so are they mounted closest towards the front of the battery box? I am asking as if it is possible some back wash is getting into the battery box and then inside the pump/control heads.

4. Member
    so far i've never had water inside the pumps when I have pulled them apart. They are mounted in between the cranking battery and the trolling batteries.

I haven't had any other kind of electrical problems with the boat. Batteries don't drain, and I keep the main disconnect turned off when not in use. All my graphs and gauges work fine.

5. Member
    What is the condition of the power wires coming from the pump heads to the fuse blocks? Do you have a battery cut off switch?
    It almost sounds like the power wire is grounding out.

6. Member
    wires are fine. Yes it has a disconnect. nothing is chaffed or grounding out

7. Member
    I was finally able to get through to power pole. They were backed up from the corona stuff...

come to find out the motor had gotten wet. It caused the board to fail.

i have all new parts coming at a very high discount.

I’m happy with the results. They were very helpful.

thanks guys

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    They are the best for sure!