2020 Rt188p Rod Locker Issues

I just purchased a 2020 rt188p. One of my main reasons I chose this boat was for the port side rod locker that is advertised as being able to hold up to 7' Rods. Primarily using this rod locker for all my spinning set ups. I can't even fit a 6'6" Rod in these tubes. was this false advertised or did they do something wrong when installing the tubes themselves. its a big issue for me. Thanks.

2. Member
    If they did the tubes in the boat like my 2017 RT188's center locker you can take the trolling motor pedal and tray out and have a look. My tubes are just open ended to the nose of the boat. I mean they just lay in there.

Welcome to BBC!

3. Member
    n2ratfishin, My center rod locker isn't the problem. I can fit my 7ft + rods just fine, its the port side rod locker that I can't even fit a 6'6" rod in. I appreciate the advise. I'll look and see, I am just hesitant though to pull out any screws and do any self modifications on a New boat.

4. Member
    I have not been in a new RT188P, if you are not comfortable taking it apart grab a 7' rod and take it to the dealer. The non pad RT188 tapers pretty quick up front on the sides.

5. Member
    I have a 2020 Rt188p. I have a ton of problems but the rod locker you are asking about works in mine. I put 7' outfits in it. Of course you have to put a good bend in the rod while putting then in because the butt of the rod hits the deck but they fit. My problems 1. Foam falling off bottom of my lids 2. Fluid leaking from Sea Star steering column 3. Carpet coming off step 4. Drivers seat and center seat tearing in the corners 5. Both pedistal seats squeak and pop like no other ( oil does nothing) it's the spring 6. The insert that goes through the transom for the drain plug was leaking bad enough that it bilged every 15 min.
    I have had the boat since May and its been on the water 5 times. Each time I go I find a new issue. Beginning to think I made a bad decision. For 30k I dont want problems in the first month.