Convince me to buy a cx21 pro

I have a Phoenix 721 right now but I’m about to sell it- looking at caymas or a 921 elite can y’all give me some earl comparisons

2. Banned
    I can’t say anything about Phoenix because I haven’t owned one, but I have two friends that do and they have them for sale and buying a Caymas after being in my boat.

Is the gas tank down the center line in the hull like the TRX vs under the seat or in the back? I had a 21TRX and that was one of the things I liked, I rode in Skylar Hamilton's Caymas on the St John's and was impressed with it.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Is the gas tank down the center line in the hull like the TRX vs under the seat or in the back? I had a 21TRX and that was one of the things I liked, I rode in Skylar Hamilton's Caymas on the St John's and was impressed with it.
    From a build picture I seen it's down the center line of the boat.

5. Member
    Center for sure. I saw one at caymas plant

6. Member
    Sam, I just picked up my CX 21..coming out of a Triton 20. I found for me that it was cheaper to get the CX21 and adding the extra's vs getting the Pro. Grant you I did not get the Power Poles..but have every thing else including upgrading to the Gost as I chose the Lowrance 12's live. I can say that the little things Earl has incorporated into the Caymas are impressive..ie - the built in wedge for the trolling motor, compresion latches, increased heigth on the compartments..little water gets in, fully padded front deck and the high speed pick-up for the live wells (the live wells are hugh!!). I chose Caymas vs Triton because of the new brand and the folks at Caymas and Earl. Excellent finish and attention to detail..I figured they had to do it the right way coming out of the gate..just my $.02.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    Sam, I just picked up my CX 21..coming out of a Triton 20. I found for me that it was cheaper to get the CX21 and adding the extra's vs getting the Pro. Grant you I did not get the Power Poles..but have every thing else including upgrading to the Gost as I chose the Lowrance 12's live. I can say that the little things Earl has incorporated into the Caymas are impressive..ie - the built in wedge for the trolling motor, compresion latches, increased heigth on the compartments..little water gets in, fully padded front deck and the high speed pick-up for the live wells (the live wells are hugh!!). I chose Caymas vs Triton because of the new brand and the folks at Caymas and Earl. Excellent finish and attention to detail..I figured they had to do it the right way coming out of the gate..just my $.02.
    im ordering a 21cxpro next week it’s easier to get the package boat because it’s already loaded, I’m coming out of a Phoenix 721 and my boat before that was a stratos 201 so I should be ok as far as knowing how to drive one

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    im ordering a 21cxpro next week it’s easier to get the package boat because it’s already loaded, I’m coming out of a Phoenix 721 and my boat before that was a stratos 201 so I should be ok as far as knowing how to drive one

9. Member
    You made a very wise decision. I came out of a 2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot loaded with 3 HDS Live 12’s and by going with the Caymas CX-21 Pro the only thing I had to add was the Garmin 1222 for Panoptix Live scope and my Trick Steps which I just love. I also had to have another Ram mount installed on the rail as I kept one of the HDS Live 12’s. Be sure to ask your Dealer if your engine has a water pressure sensor installed, if not you won't have a PSI reading. What part of Louisiana are you from?
    CAYMAS1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAYMAS1 View Post
    You made a very wise decision. I came out of a 2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot loaded with 3 HDS Live 12’s and by going with the Caymas CX-21 Pro the only thing I had to add was the Garmin 1222 for Panoptix Live scope and my Trick Steps which I just love. I also had to have another Ram mount installed on the rail as I kept one of the HDS Live 12’s. Be sure to ask your Dealer if your engine has a water pressure sensor installed, if not you won't have a PSI reading. What part of Louisiana are you from?
    I told my dealer about water sensor at motor install and calibrate gauge to read it. He acted like he never heard of it
    or any word from Caymas to install one. Never offered to install one either.I'm having Caymas install one at the plant

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAYMAS1 View Post
    I’m down on north shore by Mandeville-Covington area, as far as the dam mount I added additional 12” live at the dash and told him to put all my units on brackets , I don’t care for flush mounted graphs as I like to pull them off when I travel

12. Member
    My CX-21 Pro was the first model for Precision Sonar to make my Dual Over and Under Brackets for the bow which I have the HDS Live 12 and the Garmin 1222 mounted and they had to do the bow plate for the Bow and the Console. We were sending pictures and measurements them being they had nothing to go off of. Now they advertise them on their Web site. Barry Vaughn at Caymas Customer Service knows about the Pressure Sensors. He’s a good person that I have known for years when he was with Triton. I am originally from Baton Rouge, La., but retired from the Military (Air Force) here in OKC and still working.
    CAYMAS1

13. Member
    Something else you might consider at some point is the Complete Vessel View to bring up on your Lowrance. It’s a lot easier to see than having to look down while driving and getting distracted or trying to focus on small digital numbers. Split screen on the Lowrance will let you see everything that the Smart Craft gauge does. Don at European Marine has the best price on the complete setup. Your Smart Craft won’t be disabled and you can have something specific that you might want to have selected on it. I just like everything in front of me instead of having to look down and I found out that the sun and sunshades makes seeing the digital numbers on the Smart Craft even worse.
    CAYMAS1

14. Member
    Sam before you buy anything you need to set up a demo ride in a CX 21.
    I have had 4 Rangers 2 Skeeters and been in several other brands and I can honestly say my CX21 is the best boat I’ve ever been in. It’s not the fastest boat on the water but I’ll put it up against anything in rough water and fish ability. I don’t know what part of Louisiana you Live in but if you’re interested in setting up a demo ride I’d be more the. Happy to meet halfway from Belton Tx.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan20 View Post
    Sam before you buy anything you need to set up a demo ride in a CX 21.
    I have had 4 Rangers 2 Skeeters and been in several other brands and I can honestly say my CX21 is the best boat I’ve ever been in. It’s not the fastest boat on the water but I’ll put it up against anything in rough water and fish ability. I don’t know what part of Louisiana you Live in but if you’re interested in setting up a demo ride I’d be more the. Happy to meet halfway from Belton Tx.
    i too have owned, drive , rode in many. I can make any boat ride good because 80% of it is driver. I like what I see in the caymas and I’m ordering one Monday , as far as price it’s a no brained for me for the amount of options so I’ll run it a couple years and make a decision on the next one after that