Triton 18 TX prop

Running a Merc 115 Pro XS CT on a Triton 18 TX with no jack plate. Any advice on best SS prop to use? Many thanks.

2017 Triton 18TX

2. Member
    Most folks (including myself) are running the Tempest 21P. Is it the best prop? Not sure, it's the only one I've tried, but it's the one they recommend from the factory.

Thanks Shadow4. Appreciate the advice. Did you swap out from another prop?

2017 Triton 18TX

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basspab View Post
    Thanks Shadow4. Appreciate the advice. Did you swap out from another prop?
    It's what I ordered for the boat when I bought it. It's a decent prop. I get on plane fast, and my top speed is about average with what everyone else is getting 46-47mph. I'd love to find a 4 blade that works with this motor, but I haven't seen any reports from anyone using them and don't want to spend $500 to be the guinea pig, lol.

5. Member acoberhauser@hotmail.com's Avatar
    2nd the Tempest 21P, originally had the black max and changed to the 21P and it was a huge improvement with overall speed and did not blow out in the turns.

6. Member
    I have a 2020 tx18 and I also run a 21p temptest. I installed 4” set backs and I’m still only running 46-48 with the 115 ct. maybe with a hydraulic jack plate I can hit that magic number 50.

7. Member
    Started with a 24p Tempest. That is what Ranger was putting on CT when it first came out. Mercury said wrong prop. So Ranger sent me a 21p. That is what is on it now.
    Think a 22p might be better but not wanting to spend money on another prop. Maybe just have little work done to this one.
    Semper Fi

Running this Prowertech prop dealer installed. https://www.ptpropeller.com/content-...r_mercury.html. Anyone running same prop?

2017 Triton 18TX

I’m running a tempest 22 pitch on my tx 18. With the boat trimmed out, half tank fuel and one person the 115 is turning 6100 rpms and top speed 51 mph. Boat loaded for tournament I’m turning 5800 rpms and top speed 48 mph. This is the prop that was installed when I purchased that boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basspab View Post
    Running this Prowertech prop dealer installed. https://www.ptpropeller.com/content-...r_mercury.html. Anyone running same prop?
    My 2017 115 4S has the standard lower unit. I’m running a 20 Laser II without a jack plate. If I were buying another it would be the Spitfire 19 pitch. I just don’t want to turn loose the coin LOL.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...s/spitfire-x7/

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris35rt View Post
    I’m running a tempest 22 pitch on my tx 18. With the boat trimmed out, half tank fuel and one person the 115 is turning 6100 rpms and top speed 51 mph. Boat loaded for tournament I’m turning 5800 rpms and top speed 48 mph. This is the prop that was installed when I purchased that boat.
    Is that GPS speed? If so that thing is running GOOD. Ind would do that but totally empty.
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    My 2017 115 4S has the standard lower unit. I’m running a 20 Laser II without a jack plate. If I were buying another it would be the Spitfire 19 pitch. I just don’t want to turn loose the coin LOL.
    My 2015 Opti ProXS, runs a 19" X7 Spitfire at hole #3. I have a 20 Laser, but it hasn't been used since I got the X7. My twin console is a little heavier, but I still turn 5500, running 45.6 alone and 44 with a passenger and tackle. The X7 lifts the whole boat and it runs like it's on rails. On this hull, the 2 best accessories are the X7 and the Ultrex.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver