New Harley negotiation.

Looking at a Softail Heritage Classic MSRP $18,999 per the dealers website. How much should I expect to negotiate down from MSRP?
    My last Harley was bought used private sale. Have never dealt with a motorcycle dealership before.

https://bayoucountryharley.com/Houma...5-07644f1b27ff

Not a ton of markup in bikes. I’m sure there is some wiggle room but see if they will do zero percent financing as well. That’s worth some cash as well.
    see if they will do eighteen, then try eighteen five. But zero percent will be big in the long run. Let us know how you make out.

3. Member
    I always paid msrp but I heard you can get some $$ off , I bought 4 new Harleys over the years.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

good looking scoot for sure good luck with it.

5. Member
    With the slow economy they may cut you a break now, I don't know, when I bought my new '18 Road King, the dealers I checked with wouldn't budge on price, I did get a bunch of free dealer shirts and a couple of hats.

6. Member
    I rode it today, beautiful bike. They don't seem to want to budge off of MSRP. Store was fairly busy and the manager says business has been good during the shutdown. 22k and change out the door with taxes and fees. I told him I'd give my decision tomorrow but I have already decided to get it.

Nice be sure to put pictures up when you get it.

the wife and I have been talking about getting something bigger for more of a touring bike since we want to take some longer trips in the future so after the first of the year we are going to be looking at either a Street Glide or Road Glide.
    so far im leaning hard toward the road glide.

8. Member
    Looked at some Road Glides today. Such temptation. Ultra limited was my favorite but my original budget was around 20k.
    Last edited by Ship; 05-06-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Between the Road Glide Ultra or the Ultra Classic I would ride them both. I have the Ultra Classic but I get some buffering off the fairing at highway speeds. I have ridden the Road Glide
    Ultra and didn't notice it as much. There is a new leftover Road Glide Ultra close by that I may have to go test ride soon to refresh my memory...

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Love my RG! The frame mounted true fairing is the cats azz. So smooth and it handles all types of riding much better imo.

11. Member
    I went with the Road glide custom and bought the touring seat, tour pack, detachable brackets , back rest , touring windshield , rather than the ultra so when I ride solo with buds I can strip it down to a custom when I ride two up with the old lady I swap everything to touring , if I remember right you couldn't strip the ultra cause the leg farings had radiators in them and the wiring with the tour pack was too much with speakers ect.
    I probably will do the same next time around and soon.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

12. Member
    thumbnail (1).jpg

So I took the bike home Thursday. I really love it so far. The Milwaukee 8 107 has plenty of power for me although the 114 was very tempting. The only thing I added into the sale was an extended warranty plan. I know it is debatable whether they are worth it but I have it now so no going back. I did not buy a service plan. I can do oil changes myself. I might have the dealer do the 1000 mile and the 5000 mile then I'll do it myself.
    I'm gonna add the Tour Pack for storage on weekend trips. Matches the bags.
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...02-53000598--1

Other then that for now just some Vance and Hines slip on mufflers and ride it. No plans for a tuner or performance upgrades.
    Last edited by Ship; 05-09-2020 at 01:42 PM.

13. Member

14. Member
    Congratulations sweet looking ride you got there.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Congratulations sweet looking ride you got there.
    I was down to a new bike or a new boat. Boat has to last a couple of years now.

Congrats !!!

Congratulations !! Nice looking ride

Congrats

I purchased a 2019 Streetglide last tear. MSRP was $24,200 and was able to get it for $20K. Talk to your salesman and shoot a low price and see where they start. If it were me, I'd offer like $17k and see what they say! If you start low on an offer, they may comedown further than you think!

20. Member
    Looks good!

Remember, the insurance company knows you have the 107, but you can always have the 114 kit installed and the insurance will still think it is a 107 and not raise your rates.