Prairie Lake (jim edger) report

Buddy and I took our boats to Prairie lake Saturday. We got there about 20min before 6:00am. There were probably 6 boats ahead of us in line. DNR promptly opened the gates a 6:00am, And we were fishing by 6:30. Lake temps were anywhere from 58Degrees (south) to 60 at the ramp (north). Temps had climbed well over a degree by the time we took out around 2pm. Water was very clear on the north 3/4 and very dirty on the south 1/4. The lake and parking lot was was packed with people fishing by 9am but more than half were gone by 2pm. Everyone that I spoke to was super friendly, and happy to be out. The weather was blue bird, sunny sky’s and I think it got up to 80 degrees. Nice breeze, but not windy. I caught 5 fish (4 rats and a 3.1lber) mostly on a kytech swimbait in the clean water. 1 on a chatterbait in the dirty water. My buddy probably caught 12, but all rats. Every boat I spoke with thought the fish were in a negative mood. My buddy saw several fish on beds, but they were super spooky. If you can get out this week I bet the crowds will be less and you can probably catch some fattys. Good luck, good health, be safe

Thanks for the report buddy..sounds like a fun day!