I don't know how to explain today. I guess I will start with what was different. Traffic, I mean road traffic was close to a normal day. I got to the lake at about a little before 8:30am. Now a normal early May day that time would be good for maybe the 5th boat in the water at the dam launch. Not today, I was number 25. Traffic on the lake was heavy. Now when I say heavy it wasn't pleasure boaters racing up and down the lake. It was loaded with boats fishing the points banks you name it. In some places it was about as close to shoulder to shoulder fishing you can do in a boat. I was fishing my favorite flats near the foundations. I counted 12 boats, a normal day I might see two other boats. Now to be fair they were not on my flat but just to see that many boats fishing in the general area is not normal.

Pick out a nice bank start fishing toward the first bend and yes meet another boat. I actual had boats follow me and put there trolling motor in just after me and fish the same bank. No complaints because I actualy like company and don't mind people fishing as close to me as they want to. I just hope they like loud music. And they better like to 60's, Germans Hermits, CCR the Animals etc.

Ok to follow up on the amount of boats, the Rt 40 ramp was packed. When I pulled out at around 3PM there was over 35 trailers and the regular car lot was packed and boats still putting in.

I got to meet Steinys son. It looked like dad and son were having a good time. I saw a lot of dad's with young kids, thought that was great.

FISHING? Let's just say I spent 7 hours on the water today. I don't stay that long if it is a slow day. Tubes, Watermellon color, jerk bait Blue color, small square bill Super color. It has been busy. Popular spots have boats on them. Think out of the box, fish different spots, have fun don't fish what the crowd is fishing. Know where the harder to find structure is know the channels. Play loud music people will think your an idiot and leave you with all the fish. No Crap it works.

The water is high. Try the bowl near the dam. Watermelon tunes are fun.