Need to upgrade TM wiring to 6 AWG

Hi Tracker owners.

I have a 2017 pro team 195 txw TE. Great boat, but it did come with a weak and too short of a shaft TM, so I am putting a new Garmin one on the front. I know that I have to upgrade the wiring from the 8 AWG that is there, but I dont want to pull the new wire with the old stuff, as the old 8 AWG will power my livescope. So with that do anyone of you have experience with running new wire from the rear to the front or rear to front in this age of boat? I have a carpeted deck so I cant see the screw that I probably need to pull the frond deck off to get easier access to run the wires. Can any one give me some tips or idea on how you run yours? Also where those screws would be on my deck to pull it up? any help will be appreciated to save me time. I have posted a few pics of my deck. I do have a second console now in the boat so the passenger side is not as open as the pics. Thank you all in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your 2017 model comes factory with a 6 gauge tm harness. All the pt175 190 or 195 models have came with that stock since 2014. You dont need to do anything.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Your 2017 model comes factory with a 6 gauge tm harness. All the pt175 190 or 195 models have came with that stock since 2014. You dont need to do anything.
    Thanks Roy, but I have looked at the wires and they at 100% 8 AWG, printed on the wire as well.

4. Member
    Are they 8 gauge at the battery?

5. Member
    The reason I ask is that I seem to remember the wire at the TM plug being smaller and that I found that they run 6 gauge to the front of the boat but them have a short run of 8 gauge from that wire to the connector. I am not sure though as it is a vague memory.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    The reason I ask is that I seem to remember the wire at the TM plug being smaller and that I found that they run 6 gauge to the front of the boat but them have a short run of 8 gauge from that wire to the connector. I am not sure though as it is a vague memory.
    8 gauge at the front and at the battery. I pulled new 6 gauge last weekend. Brutal experience, but done. Thanks for your response.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassperson View Post
    8 gauge at the front and at the battery. I pulled new 6 gauge last weekend. Brutal experience, but done. Thanks for your response.
    Hmmm. I was always under the impression that they upgraded the wiring to 6 ga like Transom said. I need to double check mine. If you don't mind me asking - what was so brutal and how did you end up doing it? You left the 8 ga in, correct?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

8. Member
    Just saw 6 ga in my boat
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80