225 vmax Low rpms and worse with more weight in boat

I hope someone can help. I recently purchased a 2017 Ranger 519 with Yamaha vmax Sho 225 with 33 hours. The prop is Fury 25p, the plugs have holes in them. 10” manual jack plate. The boat has 4 batteries and no power poles. By myself with fishing gear and 1/2 tank of gas boat turns about 5400 max rpms and I’ve got up 67 mph. It might go a bit faster. Hole shot is good rpms are about 3500 to 3800.
    Here is my concern, this last trip took 2 family members out additional total weight of 435 lbs people and gear, 3/4 tank of fuel and live well had water in it. Water temp 66 degrees elevation about 800’. The rpms in hole shot stayed the same, however top speed was 50mph and rpms would not go above 4500 no matter how high I trimmed it. I called Ranger they said the prop and the height of the jack plate are correct. I understand reduced speed with weight but why can’t I increase the rpms. Do I need a 4 blade prop or 24p prop when I carry extra weight. Thanks for the help

2. Member
    The first thing I would do is get rid of the fury to small in dia . The fury 3 blade doesn’t like heavy loads . Find a Yamaha T2 sho prop in a 25 pitch or even a 24 pitch . . Second thing yes your going to lose a lot of speed when extra heavy . Fury will slip big time on a heavy loaded boat . Centre of the prop shaft below pad should start out at 3.5 below the center of lowest point of the haul . Level the boat level the prop shaft . The difference between the two is where your at . A big ol ranger you will be below the pad / haul . .

3. Member
    Thank you I’ll look into props. I may post on ranger forum on this site to see what props they are running

4. Member
    The T2 is the correct prop for your setup. Mine came with the 25 T2 and it’s just to much prop for that boat/motor combo. The 24 T2 is what you’re looking for if you fish two in a boat. If you have three in the boat you will need the 23 T2. The motor likes to run at 6000+ rpms that will likely not be achieved even with the 24 T2. The hub is beefier and restricts the exhaust some reducing the rpm’s 150-200 rpm’s. You will also have to raise the engine somewhere between 2 3/4- 3 inches PTP because the both the engine and prop likes to run higher than the Fury. I had the same issues as you ran 68 at 5500 rpm’s and only 46 with three in the boat. If you have any questions pm me, I would be more than happy to help.

5. Member
    ^^^^ this, you are over propped. No yam performance engine likes to be lugged. Yamaha seems to like doing this just like their screwed up break in for the SHO. Run them just under the limiter. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.