OX66 225 help/suggestions/advice please

Today started great, ran 1/2 way up Lake Russell, motor stroking. Ran back down the lake pulled into English Creek, fished about an hour, tried to start motor nothing happening, smelled gas. Motor was acting like it was getting no fuel. Had wife pump fuel bulb, it was soft, got motor started hauled to the park ramp 56 - 62 mph. Dropped wife off at ramp motor died, would not idle. Got motor started by pumping fuel bulb, she idled like crap, had to have foot on pedal, got loaded came home.Took off motor cover, hoping to see a fuel leak. Did see some gas on VSP tank. Fuel bulb still soft. Pumped bulb, started motor, heard a snapping sound, now fuel/oil is pouring from lower unit. Any suggestions? My 225OX66 was rebuilt by Hydrotec three years ago and has been running awesome until today. I am stumped. I can't see any fuel line leaking. Is it an injector? How is fuel coming from the lower unit? It was a glass full!

Remove the cowling, pump up the bulb on the fuel line, watch the fuel pumps for the one that is leaking.

3. Member
    Problem solved I think. Middle LP pump was leaking badly. Could not tell until I unbolted all three and pumped the bulb. The fuel leaking out of the lower unit is what threw me the curve ball, never saw that before. Replaced the LP pump wit an older one. Put muffs on and motor idles fine. Will test one evening this week on the lake. Funny, all LP pumps were replaced in Feb this year.

4. Member
    Glad you got it figured out. I've had bad ones new out of the box.

5. Member
    Replace with a electric and be done with it. I don't know why the ox series has so many issues with these? The HPDI doesn't. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Replace with a electric and be done with it. I don't know why the ox series has so many issues with these? The HPDI doesn't. CJ
    I bought 3 new LP Every damn year just to keep mine running good........The LP pump delete with an electric onboard fuel pump is absolutely the best mod/UPGRADE you can do to an OX. Also running Amzoil has kept me from buying or cleaning o2 sensors

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    I bought 3 new LP Every damn year just to keep mine running good........The LP pump delete with an electric onboard fuel pump is absolutely the best mod/UPGRADE you can do to an OX. Also running Amzoil has kept me from buying or cleaning o2 sensors
    ^^^^^ this 100%
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.