OCD 360 Question

This might seem a borderline OCD 360 question but does the rounded part above the ducer orient the screen to its north up orientation? Meaning if its not perfectly parallel to the keel will an object I see at 45 degrees on my screen actually be at 65 degrees because the rounded part is not exactly parallel?

2. Member
    Orientation to the keel would definitely effect the orientation on the screen.

3. Member
    yes, I had it skewed first time out and the side imaging was....skewed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    yes, I had it skewed first time out and the side imaging was....skewed.
    Hard to set in garage with a trick step starboard side. Will try to line it up on the water i guess ..maybe get the boat with split ch-360 view and aim my heading line at a tree and see how far off my guesstimate is and adjust.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G48 View Post
    Hard to set in garage with a trick step starboard side. Will try to line it up on the water i guess ..maybe get the boat with split ch-360 view and aim my heading line at a tree and see how far off my guesstimate is and adjust.
    There also appears to be an electronic offset adjustment with the Mega 360. I am about 10 degrees off with installation, but I have not played with it much to see how much you can adjust it electronically.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Owens View Post
    There also appears to be an electronic offset adjustment with the Mega 360. I am about 10 degrees off with installation, but I have not played with it much to see how much you can adjust it electronically.
    Funny you mention that..I just found that while adjusting my 360 views.. I'll combine that with my manual adjustment otw to get it lined up right.