First Attempt @ Bottom Hardness Map

I just received my AutoChart Pro software and trying to learn how to use it. I blindly found a way to produce the below map of an area that usually holds fish. The COVID lockdown has me bored and thought learning how to make these maps would be useful. Second pic is a main lake point in 3D.

xlarge.jpg xlarge.jpg
    Last edited by Sirius Rich; 05-02-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added pic.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Member
    Very nice. I’m a big fan of the hardness mapping for finding fishy spots quicker.

3. Member
    +1 once you get the scale right it’s spot on. And makes predicting where the bass spawn much easier. Last couple of years I’ve really leaned on it.

4. Member
    Hardness has worked out great but I still struggle with vegetation. Maybe I’m expecting more than it will do. I have a lot of trouble getting well defined edges of taller weeds in areas of mostly short weeds or really soft bottoms washing out where the weed edges are. Running up the minimum setting helps but SI is what I need to really dial them in. To be fair, the weeds are radically different now compared to July so the date the map was made has a huge effect, too. I mostly use the vegetation setting to get me in the area of a bed without having to clutter up the screen with waypoints. Once I’m close I go to SI to nail down the edges and see if there are fish relating to them.

5. Member
    One of the lakes I have started fishing since the pandemic is super grassy so I have started playing with the setting for it and what I have found is to make recordings of the of the areas in question and go over it in your spare time I take my unit in my shop plug it in to my 12v source, grab a beer and watch and adjust. The manual says the gain is suppose to adjust the weed line but it does nothing for me.

Wallace, I have watched the below video and the trainer goes into detail how to adjust your settings to get the vegetation right. You do it while you are having a beer in your shop. It makes good sense and the more you use the tool, the more sense it makes. I haven’t been on any grassy lakes since I purchased Autochart Pro and have no examples that I did. I plan on spending a week on Sam Rayburn recording grassy areas to get competent with the vegetation settings.

http://www.lakeimagestraining.com/autoChartLive.php
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

7. Member
    That’s what worked best for mw