Travelling through ARK. during May???

We live in Houston, TX. We go to TN. during the Summers. We are over 70.

Are there any current restrictions on Out of State Resident seniors driving through the State?
    Are there an restrictions on stopping at a motel on the way?
    Are there any problems with a two day trip from TX to TN using Arkansas as the main route that you know of at this time?
    Any problems with Concealed Carry (ARK and TN have reciprocity) while driving or stopping in ARK?

I see that Georgia (who opened earlier than anyone else) has put a restriction on "old folks" until June 12.

Any help or input appreciated. thanks

2. Member

3. Member
    Thanks. That article was April 4. If you see any update, please let me know. Regards,

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Thanks. That article was April 4. If you see any update, please let me know. Regards,
    I get emails daily at work about the phases of reopening and right now it's just focusing on restaurants and gyms. I haven't seen mention of lodging but then again I really don't pay them much attention unless they pertain to my job. I can go through them Monday and check them out.

5. Member
    I'd appreciate any info whatsoever. It will be a couple of weeks at best before we can set out.

Hate to be trapped here (heat and humidity) just because I want DRIVE THROUGH a State in between.

Ideally, We'd get just past Little Rock the first day, stay overnight, and then finish the trip the next day. But.....

I've thought of stopping in Texarkana, Texas (6 hours from home) and then driving all of the way across ARK the next day. Since I own property in TN, and I am going to it, I can't believe there will be any issues in that State.

Thank You.

6. Member
    Arkansas never has been completely locked down. That said we have a lot of businesses that are closed, barbers, restaurants, etc. There was a rule against out of state residents at Lodges and Resorts, not sure if that is still in effect.

If I were in your shoes I’d try to make a hotel reservation. There isn’t much between Little Rock and Memphis. I think Lonoke has a new motel or two. If you want to stop before Little Rock, Benton or Bryant would be my recommendation.

I don’t think you’ll have problems with anything else except sit down restaurants.

concealed carry will not be a problem in Arkansas.

I assume you know not to stop in Memphis if at all possible?
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    There was a rule against out of state residents at Lodges and Resorts, not sure if that is still in effect.
    As of yesterday, there are still signs on the interstates that say something like “nonresident recreational lodging not allowed “

8. Member
    Please keep the info coming. I understand the need for rules.

I want to be able to do my trip AND follow the rules. That takes planning.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Please keep the info coming. I understand the need for rules.

I want to be able to do my trip AND follow the rules. That takes planning.
    apparently the ban on non resident lodging is still in effect. There is a possible loophole for you, for people who can’t get home because of the corona virus.

Might be a good plan to stay in Texarkana (TX) and then not have to stay in Arkansas, like you said above.

getting gas, fast food, etc. is not a problem
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

10. Member
    Going through my daily emails right now we are entering Phase 1 of reopening which pertains to restaurants and gyms. No mention of changes to out of state travelers restrictions. I'm sure I will get another update today, if anything is mentioned I will let you know.

11. Member
    Thank you very much.

This morning, I received an update from one of my doctors. I am not going anywhere until after May 20 at the very earliest.

So, no rush, but all info appreciated.

12. Member
    the governor announced today that recreational travel is open in the state for those not from a hot spot,

13. Member
    Thank you. That solves my problem.