Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My AVX arrived with a chip or two on the bottom and has gotten several more in one short month of ownership. Only thing about the boat that disappoints me. Give it a year and I'm sure it'll look pretty crappy.

Well....after several days and tons of views sclark has not commented on my original question. I’ve relayed this to my uncle and he’s ordering a Ranger. Prolly nothing to be worried about but he’s just not comfortable in the repair process and not getting an answer. Maybe my original question was overlooked. Thanks for the folks that did reply. We were looking for a clear understanding not a “marketing” answer. This is not a bashing or anything else. These boats look very nice and I’m sure they are well built.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

He only answers the softball questions....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Well....after several days and tons of views sclark has not commented on my original question. I’ve relayed this to my uncle and he’s ordering a Ranger. Prolly nothing to be worried about but he’s just not comfortable in the repair process and not getting an answer. Maybe my original question was overlooked. Thanks for the folks that did reply. We were looking for a clear understanding not a “marketing” answer. This is not a bashing or anything else. These boats look very nice and I’m sure they are well built.
    I think I would have just called Vexus and talked to them if I had concerns about the paint. I'm sure they would have been glad to answer any question he may have had.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    I think I would have just called Vexus and talked to them if I had concerns about the paint. I'm sure they would have been glad to answer any question he may have had.
    That was what i was thinking if you were that close to ordering one and that was the deal breaker it would not have been hard to pick up a phone and called them. Sounds like he really just wanted a ranger.

Or why not just answer the question here? Seems just as easy posted a video about it. Follow up on what people ask.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

If you called Vexus it would be like asking Ford who makes the best truck.

Probably would have called Vexus directly and spoke with Keith or one of their engineers vs waiting on a BBC response. Enjoy the Ranger.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

9. Member
    we all know ford makes the best truck lol

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    maybe just calling Vexus is the best answer.
    The liability of answering questions like this on a public forum can come back to bite a manufacturer in the butt. You can file a lawsuit for about 50 dollars and cost a company a ton when people just want to use your answer against you.

I have a Ranger and a Vexus. The paint seems better on the vexus. As for repair the ranger touch up paint comes in three parts that need to be mixed. Both are good boats. Just make sure you get the ranger with a pad haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    maybe just calling Vexus is the best answer.
    The liability of answering questions like this on a public forum can come back to bite a manufacturer in the butt. You can file a lawsuit for about 50 dollars and cost a company a ton when people just want to use your answer against you.
    If that is a worry then maybe the mod of this forum could of sent a PM to answer the question then.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    If that is a worry then maybe the mod of this forum could of sent a PM to answer the question then.

wouldn't be any different if its posted here or PM

just call

They spent a lot of money on this before they built the shop to build boats. I am not saying their may not be problems they didn't see coming but if they don't take care of business they won't be in business. These guys have been building boats for many years and know the cost of bad products. AKA the Z boats were not very good, most all other rangers were good boats for different reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12