Ultrex vs Ghost????

Opinions on Ultrex vs Ghost? P.S. I own Lowrance electronics...

Well that is a no brainier.....obviously Ghost
    Boatless

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    I mean...I think so too. Just curious on peoples opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by GHawk View Post
    I mean...I think so too. Just curious on peoples opinions.
    I get it...
    Boatless

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Lowrance = Ghost
    Humminbird = Ultrex

Does the cost of the Ghost, and the two features that the ultrex can't do worth it to you. If yes, then the ghost, if not, then the Ultrex. Me, I would take the Ultrex. I could care less about switching voltage, or contour following.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Does the cost of the Ghost, and the two features that the ultrex can't do worth it to you. If yes, then the ghost, if not, then the Ultrex. Me, I would take the Ultrex. I could care less about switching voltage, or contour following.
    You are giving him wrong info and leaving out a few advantages.
    Ghost does not follow contours.
    Control and program Ghost on the units. Interchangeable nose cone transducers.
    Boatless

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Not necessarily. If money is an issue, and you don't need the integrated features of the Ghost with Lowrance units, Ultrex would be cheaper. $2800 v. $2000. Now, still a little misleading, the Ghost requires at least an Elite Ti2 or higher, Carbon, Live units, to work with the Ghost. So I've been doing this math, for Ghost with full capabilities, it's roughly $5k for the motor and a new unit up front. If I just want spot-lock using my current Gen 3 units, I can get the Ultrex at a fraction of the Ghost price. I can't decide myself.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Not necessarily. If money is an issue, and you don't need the integrated features of the Ghost with Lowrance units, Ultrex would be cheaper. $2800 v. $2000. Now, still a little misleading, the Ghost requires at least an Elite Ti2 or higher, Carbon, Live units, to work with the Ghost. So I've been doing this math, for Ghost with full capabilities, it's roughly $5k for the motor and a new unit up front. If I just want spot-lock using my current Gen 3 units, I can get the Ultrex at a fraction of the Ghost price. I can't decide myself.
    I have the Ultrex currently...I also have Carbon units. Trying to decide if I want to make the switch???

10. Member
    Ghost.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Poles motor!

12. Member
    This is the exact debate I’m having with myself. 2900ish after you buy the remote for ghost and around the same for the garmin force. I don’t really want to buy new unit for upfront it does have a 997 humminbird on it so at some point I will switch just hate to drop 3 plus a new unit

The voltage switching is not much of a feature. The ruggedness of the unit and the efficiency due to the brushless motor is what makes the Ghost a better choice for me. Well,and also the fact that my Lowrance ti2’s play well with it.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    The voltage switching is not much of a feature. The ruggedness of the unit and the efficiency due to the brushless motor is what makes the Ghost a better choice for me. Well,and also the fact that my Lowrance ti2’s play well with it.
    I disagree about the voltage switching if you are a tourney angle and have a 36....you can lose a battery and still finish the day.
    Boatless

15. Member
    +1
    Buddy Webster USN(retired)

2007 Triton TR-196 w/200 Optimax
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4
    2003 Jeep Rubicon
    http://www.bbcboards.net/swap-sell/

To me the voltage switch is a huge factor, before I had lithium's I couldn't fit 3 batteries in my boat so 24 volt, now I can so I just changed it to 36 volt, no new motor.
    GO DAWGS

Quote Originally Posted by secdawgs View Post
    To me the voltage switch is a huge factor, before I had lithium's I couldn't fit 3 batteries in my boat so 24 volt, now I can so I just changed it to 36 volt, no new motor.
    On a side not how do you like those lithiums? Did you also change your cranking to lithium? Thinking of making the switch next year.
    Boatless

I went with Ionics, 50ah trolling and 100ah cranking, I have a VMaxx 150 so I can get away with the smaller cranking battery, they have been great so far. I gained about 3 mph, boat sits up a little in the back now, you can Bluetooth into the batteries to check charge. I have limited space in my boat so it helped with storage also. Call Andy at Drewcraft and he will steer you in the right direction, very nice guy. He like other sponsors on here I'm sure has a package deal with batteries and charger that will get you where you need to be.

First time out with the lithium's and the Ghost, I fished offshore on Lake Eufaula with a pretty good wind for about 8 hours using Anchor lock for much of that time and batteries where on 80%.
    GO DAWGS

19. Member
    Ghost. It is an amazing tm. So smooth with brushless motor. The pedal requires very minimal force to direct, just enough so it doesn't spin out on you, drive by wire not a steering cable. Super quiet above and below water. Deploys and stows with little effort. Rugged as heck.