Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Randy Walker

Looking to buy DF250SS .. need help!

Hey All,
    I'm looking to join the Zuki family within the next few weeks hopefully. I live in California and found a couple really good deals on the 2020 DF250SS in a couple different states. The problem is, I can't find anyplace that is willing to ship a new motor to California due to agreements they have in place with Suzuki I guess. Not sure if this is a nationwide deal or a per dealership agreement.
    Anyway, if anybody knows of a place that will ship a motor/controls to a shop here in California, please let me know. As of right now, in order to get a good deal on the motor I need to take a long road trip... to SC or Florida so far. I'm checking with a couple places in Oregon tomorrow as that is much more reasonable, but not sure if they will have as good of a price... so far I found $18,900 - installed (motor, controls, prop, harness).. done, drive away.. Seems like a great price, but I'd have to drive to South Carolina...
    Any info you can provide on dealerships that can ship would be great.
    Thanks all ~
    Randy

**another question - My Skeeter has a manual 12" JP... will I have any issues with the Zuki or am I going to have to consider a hydraulic JP? I saw a couple posts during other research that a couple guys said they were told it was recommended getting a hydraulic..
    Last edited by onewalker; 05-04-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: add more info

Randy,

Call Typhoon Marine in Del City, OK or Big Mac Marine in Eufaula, OK. The price might be worth the drive if you can't get them to ship it.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

3. Member
    That is a pretty good deal on that motor which includes the controls and installation. When I repowered a few years ago, I paid that much for the motor alone. You might want to look into a 3rd party service like U Ship.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Member
    California. If you buy a motor there it probably would need a decal to keep the people from eating it: Warning! Do not iron clothing while wearing them. Might cause cancer in laboratory rats.

5. Member
    I live in Tennessee, a next door neighbor to SC. if I were you I would go ahead and make that road trip to South Carolina, but I would make it one way. Don't go back, you'll love in South Carolina

6. Randy Walker
    Moose6 - LOL... I would actually like to move down to Tennessee... I have two fishing buddies that moved there not long ago from CA... They both love Tenn. Heard good things about SC as well... but can't move right now... like your idea though... haha

7. Randy Walker
    Booter, Yeah... seems like a smoking deal for everything and I will consider a road trip, but not sure about that far... one of the problems I hearing with the shipping is if a place will do it, it could void the warranty of the motor if not installed by the place you bought it from.

8. Member
    Randy, you can have your boat shipped out there and have the dealership do it. However, that could wipe out any savings on the deal as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

9. Randy Walker
    Yeah, that would wipe out the saving for sure. All good... think I have my best option figured out... 8 hr drive to Oregon and 2 day wait time... little road trip with wife and one dog in the RV perhaps. Would end up being same price as further places when all expenses factored... Thanks to you and all others for ideas, options and contact points... I REALLY DO appreciate it! Ya'll are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by onewalker View Post
    Yeah, that would wipe out the saving for sure. All good... think I have my best option figured out... 8 hr drive to Oregon and 2 day wait time... little road trip with wife and one dog in the RV perhaps. Would end up being same price as further places when all expenses factored... Thanks to you and all others for ideas, options and contact points... I REALLY DO appreciate it! Ya'll are awesome!
    Glad to hear you are joining the Suzuki family! Please post some pics and a video when you get her back and on the water!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X