Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fish & Ski Mods to make it Fish better? Show 'em off!

Hey folks, I have a Nitro Z19 Sport F&S. Curious what others are doing to make them fish better. Let's see those mods!!
    Last edited by Jenkins12; 05-05-2020 at 09:42 AM.

2. Member
    I have the same boat! Just had it out yesterday. Mine is a 2019. I haven't done a bunch, fairly stock. I added small kicker speakers in each of the front consoles facing towards the rod storage with white trim rings. Pretty nerve wracking cutting into a new boat. Look pretty nice. I also had a Helix 7 installed flush in the dash by the dealer. I really like the Helix in the dash.
    Helix in Dash.jpgAdded Speakers.jpg

3. Member
    I have a 2019 Ranger 212LS with Mercury ProXS 250. Installed a 112lb Ultrex, dual 12ft Talons, Humminbird MEGA 360, HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 DI Chirp at the bow on a customer plate and bracket and HELIX 10 MSi and HELIX 10 DI Chirp at the console on a custom plate and bracket (just finished it today, still need to get the newest piece powdercoated). I have a E-Ladder and bracket from R&R Design that I need to install onto the Talon and still need to finish my custom “kick stands” for the Talons to lay them down when doing water sports like tubing and wakeboarding. Here are some pictures...

4. Member
    That is literally the perfect family tournament rig!! Great job buddy!!! Beautiful!!!

5. Member
    Are those speakers in addition to the two that come with the boat? Mine came with 2 in front of the back seat. I just ordered 2 Helix 9s (bow and console). Hopefully the 9 will fit flush on the dash ����. I also ordered a Link Terrova with MDI.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins12 View Post
    That is literally the perfect family tournament rig!! Great job buddy!!! Beautiful!!!
    Thank you! I appreciate that

7. Member

8. Member
    Looks awesome! How did you mount the rod holder on the port side? Ive been taking that seat out and laying the rods on the "ski compartment" making that rear storage compartment inaccessible. I like your idea better!!

9. Member
    Jenkins12, I know when I had my dealer install the 7" Helix, he said it was the biggest they could flush mount in the Z19 Sport Dash. I have a hunch that it was a huge pain.
    Yes, I added the speakers up front, was pretty easy, just nerve wracking cutting up a new boat in such a visible spot. The head end stereo unit in the 2019 version had 4 speaker (front and rear, left and right) outputs and was pretty easy to do. It really helps to hear music up on the front deck without having it super loud.

10. Member
    I like it! I am with ya, I can barely hear the rear speaking when underway without having to max out the volume!! Thanks buddy!

11. Member
    What size did you go with? 6.5"?

12. Member
    I went with 4" based on how big they could be and mount within the curves on the side of the dashes, see my picture to see where I mounted them. These are what I bought and they are pretty sweet! They don't perfectly match the cheaper factory rear speakers, but I might change those out in the future to match these kickers. I think I paid around 99$, for the pair.
    Kicker 45KM44 4" 4-Ohm with Charcoal & White Grills

13. Member
    They look sweet!

14. Member
    So, just to confirm, you didn't need to add an amp to power the two additional speakers? I just wish I could add a remote. When Im out solo, its a pain to have to reach over to the passenger console to adjust the radio!!

15. Member
    Correct, no added amp or anything. The passenger speaker is really easy to wire up as it is super close, the driver side speaker I went all the way around the back of the boat near the gas tank etc. If I remember correctly there is a remote add on that you can add for the head end unit. Good luck on your new project!

16. Member
    Are you running the MSI? Do you have a jack plate? Any interference with the motor? Where did they mount the transducer? Thanks!!

17. Member
    Yes, I am running MSI, the dealer mounted the transducer in a horrible spot that didn't work. I moved it and it seems to be working great. I do not have a jack plate. I however don't have the huge transducer that some of the MSI's come with as I only have the Helix 7.

Z19 Sport Transducer Location.jpg
    Last edited by bassmastermatt; 05-05-2020 at 10:31 AM.

18. Member
    Why do my pictures always come in at a weird rotation?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins12 View Post
    Are you running the MSI? Do you have a jack plate? Any interference with the motor? Where did they mount the transducer? Thanks!!
    I have my MSI transducer mounted to an aluminum plate that is mounted to the side of the jack plate and bent towards the middle. I plan to either buy or build a hole shot plate or skid plate and then mount my transducer to that. As it sits right now, the transducer is close to the cavitation plate when trimmed fully down and tucked. Once I have the hole shot plate or skid plate installed and the transducer mounted to that I should have more clearance. I can post a picture of how it sits this weekend when I bring the boat home from storage.

20. Member
    A picture would be super helpful!! Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast