Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Can you show me how the transducer wire is run to the console? I’m trying to figure out how to get the wire from the transom into the boat. Thanks!

2. Member
    My transducer cable is run up the transom into the rounded area just in front of the outboard (not sure what that is called? Splash area?) A hole was drilled into this curved area and the transducer cable routed below the rear deck to the console from this location towards the front of the boat. The transducer cable I believe is bundled with a bunch of cables up high in the sidewall of the boat, accessible from the little carpeted area inside the main seating area. Let me know if you need pictures.

3. Member
    Great looking rig!! Im interested in your idea about the rod buckles and golf club tubes!!

4. Member
    I would like to see a picture of where they drilled the hole for the transducer cable. Also, are you running a thru hull with a y-cable? Thanks a ton buddy!

5. Member
    Thank you I am super happy with it so far. Yes I am running a thru hull and y cable. (GT8 AND GT30) I just ran my transducer cable thru the hole with my hydraulic steering hoses. I also mounted my transducer with the Garmin factory stern mount but drilled the hole in my jackplate instead of the transom, used some stainless tubing for spacers and a long bolt with a lock nut which saved some money on a L bracket that stayed with my old boat. Using these cable clips to tidy up transducer wires is a much better option than compromising a transom with un-needed screws. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6EIQQF...p_mob_ap_share
    I will try to continue and update this post as I make this into a family friendly bass tournament rig.

20200517_120959.jpg20200517_120846.jpg

6. Member
    look super clean!! What are you thinking to allow for more rods on the deck? Right now I just lay them over the gunwale next to the windshield when fishing but take them off the front deck and lean them against the back deck when using the big motor.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins12 View Post
    I would love one if its not too much trouble.
    Sorry for not getting this posted sooner but I actually just changed up the mounting of the transducer yesterday.

This is how I had it mounted...

Just used a spare piece of aluminum from making the unit brackets to make this. Worked fine, brought the transducer out almost to the middle of the boat and was solid.

But I wanted to add a skid plate or hole shot plate and mount my transducer to that. R&R Design makes a plate to fit their Slidemaster jack plates but it fits up into the jack plate and that would not work for what I wanted. I've read C&O Marine also makes one very similar. As I was searching I found a thread on another forum that mentioned a company by the name of Hydro Dynamics that makes a skid plate that you can mount a transducer to. After looking at their website I called to speak with them. Come to find out R&R changed the screw locations by just a little a year or two ago and they could slot the holes if I wanted or they sell a universal plate that mounts to the lower transom bolts. After confirming the screw locations I called back to order a plate for my 8in jack plate and they slotted the holes to fit. Holes still needed to be opened just a bit more but I did that myself with a Dremel and then mounted the transducer to the bottom. The transducer is really close to the same position as it was with my bent piece of aluminum but now it sits maybe an inch or so higher and directly on center.

Going to test it out this weekend but it feels solid so I think it'll do just fine. Then I'll take it off and have it powder coated to match the jack plate next week.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    My transducer cable is run up the transom into the rounded area just in front of the outboard (not sure what that is called? Splash area?) A hole was drilled into this curved area and the transducer cable routed below the rear deck to the console from this location towards the front of the boat. The transducer cable I believe is bundled with a bunch of cables up high in the sidewall of the boat, accessible from the little carpeted area inside the main seating area. Let me know if you need pictures.
    Are you running a thru Hull transducer? If so, any idea where they mounted it?

9. Member
    How did you construct and install the new locker? Can you send some more pic of the interior? Thanks!!

10. Member
    Anyone attempt to waterproof the ski locker in the floor? I use this area for my tackle and it gets soaked! Any thoughts?

11. Member
    Jenkins12, I think this would be quite difficult as much of the front of the boat also drains through that area I have found. Your best bet may be to put a new cover with gasketing and then make a water proof box with lid inside that area. So almost a separate water proof enclosure in there.

12. Member
    That's a great point. Do you have any idea of who makes replacement lids without slots? Also, do you know where the thru-hull transducer is mounted in your boat? Thanks!!

I don't know if you will find a lid with out drain openings. Ski lockers are designed with the idea of storing skis. I know, duh right? That said, you don't really want an area that may have wet skis in it to be air tight or you will end up with mold and must problems.

14. Member
    Our ski locker lid doesn’t have holes, just a drain at the back to the bilge.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

15. Member
    Has anyone here come up with a way to keep the rear compartment lids open on the Z19 Sport? I am trying to solution a way to keep them from closing while either working on the boat or getting stuff in and out of those compartments! Thanks guys

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins12 View Post
    Has anyone here come up with a way to keep the rear compartment lids open on the Z19 Sport? I am trying to solution a way to keep them from closing while either working on the boat or getting stuff in and out of those compartments! Thanks guys
    I'm not familiar with how they look but I would assume you could fit a shock to them like hoods, trunks, windows have on vehicles. The battery compartment lid on our 212LS has a shock to hold it open.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123