Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megabass Destroyer P5 Pre-Order @ The Tackle Trap!

The Tackle Trap is now accepting PRE-ORDERS for the all new Megabass Destroyer P5 series. All available models, details, specs, and pricing are on our website. Delivery is expected in mid-June and is subject to change by the manufacturer of course. Megabass has packed some impressive new blank technology into the latest Destroyer generation. Read all about it on the website at the link in blue below:

New Megabass Destroyer P5 Information

Casting Models

Spinning Models

Last edited by Bronzefly; 05-01-2020 at 01:19 PM.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

Loving the carbon grip, wish they did it for the bfs rod models Guess its gonna be the mad bull or super destroyer then...

3. Member
    Any ideas or info on this “5-D blank” ???

love the look of the reel seats and locking nut!

4. Member
    I think I want a Super Destroyer just because it is epitome of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bass1 View Post
    I think I want a Super Destroyer just because it is epitome of the series!
    It certainly has my attention as well...

Quote Originally Posted by autigerbass View Post
    Any ideas or info on this “5-D blank” ???

love the look of the reel seats and locking nut!
    They do look sharp indeed! All the information on 5D is in the heading at the link. There is a long "story" about the rods, etc. there.

Quote Originally Posted by the hooligan View Post
    Loving the carbon grip, wish they did it for the bfs rod models Guess its gonna be the mad bull or super destroyer then...
    You are correct, carbon grips are available only on the Super Destroyer and the Mad Bull.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

6. Member
    Need a jig rod.....please tell me the super destroyer will fit the bill?
    LOVE that carbon grip

Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    LOVE that carbon grip
    That's what I am getting for some close jig combat :)

Bronzefly, tell me about the 6’11” dropshot/Neko rod. Have you messed with it yet? Wish it was longer, I like 7’2” to 7’6” for my dropshot rods with a soft tip.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    That's what I am getting for some close jig combat :)
    Nice.
    Do you like a fast tip for jigs? This ones a med-fast one.

Quote Originally Posted by andrey View Post
    Bronzefly, tell me about the 6’11” dropshot/Neko rod. Have you messed with it yet? Wish it was longer, I like 7’2” to 7’6” for my dropshot rods with a soft tip.
    No, I haven't. This rod is built off a long and successful line of F3-610 type rods, just an inch longer this time with the new blank, handle, etc. I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic rod.

Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    LOVE that carbon grip
    Absolutely. It is also the rebirth of a successful rod in the Destroyer lineage bearing the same name. They built it as a mod/fast because the rod has a lot of power and needs a little flex in the blank for close quarters jig combat like Alan mentions.

11. Member
    Hey Gary do you know if the madbull is a dedicated crankbait rod or is it more of a med hvy all around reaction bait rod. im wanting to get one with the carbon grip but if the madbull is more of a crank rod ill probably go with the super destroyer.

12. Member
    I was pretty much deadset on an ENOX for my new Exist, but now I keep eyeballing these about 7 times a day...

13. Member
    They look super nice, but why are they all so short? I feel like I rarely even consider rods under 7 ft anymore, but the majority of these are pretty short. 6ft rods feel pretty short to me these days.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Albertson View Post
    They look super nice, but why are they all so short? I feel like I rarely even consider rods under 7 ft anymore, but the majority of these are pretty short. 6ft rods feel pretty short to me these days.
    They're jdm models

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Albertson View Post
    The Destroyer P5 models are designed for Japanese anglers first and foremost, it is a JDM line that is being offered in the US market. The vast majority of Japanese anglers fish from shore. Longer rods just don't work as well. If you'll notice, the US Destroyer line, made for US anglers, feature longer rods with the shortest casting rod being 6'11".

Quote Originally Posted by Tywithay View Post
    I was pretty much deadset on an ENOX for my new Exist, but now I keep eyeballing these about 7 times a day...
    I'm curious how the new reel seat feels myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Revofisher View Post
    Hey Gary do you know if the madbull is a dedicated crankbait rod or is it more of a med hvy all around reaction bait rod. im wanting to get one with the carbon grip but if the madbull is more of a crank rod ill probably go with the super destroyer.
    It is going to be versatile, but definitely good for a wide range of treble hook moving baits. It's a solid medium heavy in power and I expect it to have a nice smooth parabolic flex that will make it a great chatter bait, spinner bait, buzz bait, top water walking bait type rod, and I'm sure it'll be sensitive enough for some single hook action too. I'm excited to see how it feels in hand.

16. Member
    Gary - is there any warranty coverage on these?

Quote Originally Posted by j-fox.4 View Post
    Gary - is there any warranty coverage on these?
    Yes sir! These rods carry the same warranty as any new Megabass rod purchased from TT, Japan models or US models.

These are beautiful works of art. Would love to be able to own a few of these...my wallet would hate me. AHAHAHAH
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

19. Member
    I love most megabass spinning rod handles but honestly they dont look like traditional megabass handles

20. Member
    Definitely a few interesting sticks. Off the top of my head, I can't wait to get some hands on reviews of a Oneten Stick, Madbull & Super Destroyer.....

- Ken
    Ken Kipler
    Virginia Beach, VA by way of
    CV-43, AS-31, CVN-69, FFG-56, CVN-69, CVN-71
    Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S (2B635878)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast