Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had the opportunity to fish several of these rods. People are going to be very happy with these!!

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

2. Member
    ... that's all?
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    ... that's all?
    What else do you want?

I'm not into detailed video reviews but have already answered numerous questions via private message here on BBC and else where.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

4. Member
    How’s the Landsat fish compared to the addermine in action and sensitivity ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Curious as well, on paper its rated almost identical to the Orochi Whipsnake.

How's the Dark Sleeper compared to Steez AGS 7'1 MH or NRX 853c?

6. Member
    Love the looks and the style, but that pretty much goes without saying when it comes to MB. The real question, at least in my mind, will come down to the sensitivity of the “5-D” blank, and will it be on par with some of the other JDM (or high end American) rods!!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    The new P5 blanks are very, very crisp and sensitive. The Addermine has a little more backbone and a little faster action.

Quote Originally Posted by DC516 View Post
    Curious as well, on paper its rated almost identical to the Orochi Whipsnake.

How's the Dark Sleeper compared to Steez AGS 7'1 MH or NRX 853c?
    The Steez and NRX are noticeably different themselves, both rated 71MHXF. The Dark Sleeper is slower in action than either of them, is far more versatile and is clearly designed with moving baits (Dark Sleeper) in mind, though has plenty of power and sensitivity for some bottom contact fishing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by autigerbass View Post
    Love the looks and the style, but that pretty much goes without saying when it comes to MB. The real question, at least in my mind, will come down to the sensitivity of the “5-D” blank, and will it be on par with some of the other JDM (or high end American) rods!!
    Yes. In my limited experience with these rods so far, sensitivity isn't going to be a problem with the new P5's.

Anxiously awaiting mine...when are they going to be here Gary?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Pretty excited for mine too, beautiful rods and no doubt they'll perform well

savage combos

11. Member
    How about getting some more of the Catalina's in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    It is looking likely that they will arrive at The Tackle Trap HOPEFULLY around the 12th, one week from today...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Albertson View Post
    How about getting some more of the Catalina's in stock?
    No sir, that was a one time deal on that specific model. There are some of the incredible Daiwa x DEPS Z2020XH's in stock at a great deal and a few of the SV Lights left that is equally one of the best deals on JDM reels TT has had.

Quote Originally Posted by BASSTROYER View Post
    savage combos
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to picking mine up getting them all set up

13. Member
    Do you have any insight on how The Dark Sleeper compares with the FMJ? I see they are both 71MH Fast action rods, with the FMJ rated a little heavier, but still curious to know exactly how they compare. Thanks!

They feel very different in hand. The FMJ is actually a heavy powered rod, the Dark Sleeper is a medium heavy. F5 = Medium Heavy, F6 = Heavy in Megabass speak.

The Dark Sleeper is definitely more mod-fast than a true fast like the FMJ. It is incredibly versatile, and after having fished that model, it will be one of the first group I take to fish. The P5's I've handled and fished so far are traditional Japanese actions unlike the US Destroyer line up which was designed for US anglers general preferences in action, length, and power.

Quote Originally Posted by lane44 View Post
    Would this model be any good for senkos ?Megabass P5 F5st-65XS Kirisame Kameyama Special
    I didn't get to handle that model, but I suspect it will make an excellent close quarters Senko rod. The tip is the real question on this one - whether it's true to form old school Megabass Hedgehog stinger tip type ultra extra fast or if it's a little more subtle in action. The combination of backbone and action are sure to make a unique and interesting rod...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    They feel very different in hand. The FMJ is actually a heavy powered rod, the Dark Sleeper is a medium heavy. F5 = Medium Heavy, F6 = Heavy in Megabass speak.

The Dark Sleeper is definitely more mod-fast than a true fast like the FMJ. It is incredibly versatile, and after having fished that model, it will be one of the first group I take to fish.
    So then is the Dark Sleeper like a cross between the Orochi XX Flatside Special (regular) and Destroyer One ten special (fast) taper wise but with more power? All 4.5's but I do prefer slower tapers/tips for roll casting and casting in general most of the time. I own both but just trying understand what its like.

Quote Originally Posted by DC516 View Post
    So then is the Dark Sleeper like a cross between the Orochi XX Flatside Special (regular) and Destroyer One ten special (fast) taper wise but with more power? All 4.5's but I do prefer slower tapers/tips for roll casting and casting in general most of the time. I own both but just trying understand what its like.
    The Dark Sleeper has more power than either of those rods of course. It has a faster action than the XX FSS, and slower than the Destroyer OneTen. I understand your preference for slower actions as they generate a smoother load curve when making targeted, accurate casts. That's the first thing I noticed when I fished several of these - that traditional Japanese action and how well they load up and cast.

Pre-ordered rods are shipping out of TT today, but supplies are going to be limited and restocks a challenge for some time it appears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12