Thread: Lake Barkley

Lake Barkley

Anyone know what the main lake conditions are around Kuttawa, water clarity and temp? Thanks!

2. Member
    As of Monday afternoon, water was lightly stained, main lake was 58-59, bays were 60-63. I fished carmack, buzzard rock, kutawa, and some smaller pockets off the main lake. I fished Eddy Creek area also on Friday and water color was good there as well. The water dropped a few inches over the weekend and hurt the shallow bite for me, but I did catch a few keepers each day, nothing over 3 lb but all I caught were fat and healthy, including the short fish.

3. Member
    Nice report, much appreciated!

4. Member
    Go South Barkley. May not catch a lot but when you set the hook it's going to be a good one.

5. Member
    I agree with jigman on this one, if I had fished another day I would have gone south of the bridge. April is my best month from the bridge to the state line. I fished several areas of Eddy Creek where I normally do well this time of year and got nothing, despite favorable wind water and temp conditions.

6. Member
    I think I’m going to run over to Barkley also and give it a try. I’m not going to lie it’s been a tough spring so far for me on KY Lake.

7. Member
    I fished the north end a few hours yesterday, water was a little stained from windy conditions. Water temp was 65. Caught 10, only 2 keepers though.