Ceramic Coating on a boat?

Those that know me know how OCD I am about cleanliness, shine, and protection. Recently had my truck ceramic coated and it’s amazing...money well spent. Got me thinking I wonder how it would work on boats. Obviously not the pad but at least everything exposed and maybe the sides and visual underside. I suspect it would help with wipe down as well as keeping scum lines to a minimum.

Anyone had theirs done?

I have a buddy that swears by it on his offshore boat. He did the seats glass and T-top. He said the seats will never stain even with Tunas blood slung everywhere.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

3. Member
    That was my thinking. Easy cleanup with spectacular shine.

4. Member
    Had my boat done few years back and coating still on there just fine. All I have to do is wipe down with damp towel and its like new shine again. Pretty cool. Ceramic Pro was product used on mine. Lots of imitations out there. The stuff is not cheap so if you find a deal to good to be true it probably is.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

The following is just my opinion and observances. For the people that are super peculiar we are going to keep our stuff looking nice with normal routine maintenance and practices. Even with the ceramic products applied you still have to do the maintenance to keep your stuff looking nice and new. Therefore I can’t see spending that kind of money to have a professional ceramic product put on anything if I’m gonna keep it up anyway. Two years ago one of the ceramic companies approached me about selling and applying their product. I just can’t see me explaining to a customer how much money they have to spend and then explaining to them that their upkeep is minimal now that this product is on their boat. Again it’s just my opinion, no matter what you apply to your boat/vehicle if you do not do the maintenance to take care of it it’s still not gonna look good. I think these products work to a point. You still have to keep it up.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I agree you still have to maintain it. That being said I have a solid black truck that I am meticulous about. The ceramic just made it easier to keep the shine looking good. It's easier to get the dirt off, and it looks fresh waxed once its clean. Bugs come off easier as well. It's probably something I will give a shot to with the next boat. Like I said those that know me know that I'm pretty bad when it comes to keeping things spotless. (years ago when it was even worse i snapped on a good buddy of mine for leaning on my boat with sweaty arms at the Bullet Rally!)

IMG_3071.jpg

My truck isn't spotless here, but you get the idea of what I'm up against.

I agree that the products do help to a point. I just can’t justify the price for a normal person. I can do it all myself and choose not to use/sell them. I’ve owned a combination of 62 boats/vehicals and never owned one that wasn’t red or black, the majority being black. None of my stuff has ever had swirls, lines, water spots, etc. so I know what you mean....hell I wax my toilets....To me, it’s kind of like fishing. It’s all about what you have confidence in, what works for you and results you are satisfied with. The main thing is whatever products you decide to use, use them often.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Agreed on the price. Luckily I’ve got a guy. Saves me a ton of money. I’d almost consider doing the boat myself if the “canvas” is good to start with. Most of the expense is prep work to get it ready for the ceramic. Also, I’m not planning on getting another truck for many years so I justified the expense in my head by saying I’ll have it for many more years.
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

9. Member
    Mine is ceramic coated and it makes cleanup much easier. I'm happy with it and it wasn't nearly as expensive as doing a truck in my case.

10. Member
    That’s good to hear. Reinforces my thoughts.
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

11. Member
    Bought a new Denial GMC 1500 Crew about a year ago, first thing i did was take it to a friend of mine and put the ceramic coating on, cost about five bills but it was worth every dime. Bugs come off with ease, tar on the sides come off with ease, the finish is so slick a can will slide right off the hood. I would say it would see the same results with a boat. I know he has done several big boats with good results, i would do it in a heart beat if i bought a new boat.