Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    When are you going? Are you fishing bay or lake?
    caught this one and 60 others yesterday

https://imgur.com/XUT0SII

2. Member
    Nice one!! Had a couple of buddies go this past weekend. Things improved over the weekend for them. The bay.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Nice one!! Had a couple of buddies go this past weekend. Things improved over the weekend for them. The bay.
    Are they there now? And do they have a white Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    I think the whole state of WV is up here lol. Saw temps in upper 60's late in the day today in the bay. Spooked a lot of fish today, not locked on, just cruising around beds.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I think the whole state of WV is up here lol. Saw temps in upper 60's late in the day today in the bay. Spooked a lot of fish today, not locked on, just cruising around beds.
    yes I see people up there that I don't see all year long. ill be joining the crowd in a few days!!!

6. Member
    Yes sir.
    2020 921elite

I wont be joining the crowds in PIB this year. Skipping a year , saving a little stress.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Banned
    in general, from my experience, and others I've talked to, Lake Erie smallmouth fishing has pretty much sucked so far this year,...........and last year... I've been fishing Presque Isle, and Ashtabula. Some blame it on water temp, but I don't. Hek! Mid 50's water temp is PRIME TIME!!!...
    I haven't been to PI in a few weeks, but what I've been hearing, besides a few pros doing well on "specific" spots, is that fishing is slooooooow.

9. Member
    I live in Erie and am on the lake 100 plus days a year. It doesn’t “suck” but it has definitely changed and those who don’t adapt to the changes tend to struggle. Gone are the days of tying on a tube and hammering fish at the monument flat, Thompson bay, and 20-25 feet of water at shades beach. Things are different now and you can still catch some fish doing the same old stuff that used to work but catch total will be down.

The first wave of fish have all ready spawned in the bay. Happened about 2-3 weeks ago. Those early spawners are primarily the bigger fish that come in first. The second wave is in spawning now. The pressure is immense on the fish in the bay and as a result fewer fish come into the bay each year to spawn. Same with Thompson and hammermill, too much pressure.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfulks View Post
    The pressure is immense on the fish in the bay and as a result fewer fish come into the bay each year to spawn. Same with Thompson and hammermill, too much pressure.
    Yep! These fish are being pressured so bad, they are choosing elsewhere to spawn.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Yes sir.
    We spoke to them for a few minutes about some idiots, your buddies are good people!

When we rolled out Sunday to come home there were still plenty of big aggressive females in the bay. We caught em shallow, 2-3 feet actually which surprised me. No giants this trip due to hitting it a little late but plenty in the 4-5 lb class. Good trip other than the wind Friday/Saturday and not being able to go in restaurants and having to wear a damn mask everywhere.

are any of the restrooms open on Presque isle or the launch over by lampe marina boat ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    are any of the restrooms open on Presque isle or the launch over by lampe marina boat ramp?
    Yes, they're all open.

15. Member
    We spoke to them for a few minutes about some idiots, your buddies are good people!
    Yes they are!!
    2020 921elite

16. Member
    Heading up this weekend to stay 4 or 5 days. Any updates on the smalllmoth fishing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12