Ionic Lithium Battery

Hey everyone, just did an article on the Ionic lithium battery.

https://www.m3outdoors.com/post/lith...orth-the-price

-Mike
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

2. Mike Lamb
    Great Batteries. Love mine
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

3. Member
    Mike, can you explain your use of those breakers/switches? I was thinking about using them in the future in case my crank battery needs charging more often than the lithiums.

4. Member
    I love my Ionic batteries too. I only charge about every 4th trip out. The most I have ever run my (3)100 ah trolling batteries down in one day was to 80%. My 125 ah starting battery usually stays about 95% even at the end of the day and I am running (2) Helix 10’s, (2) Helix 12’s , Mega 360, (2) Powerpoles, JL stereo, phone charger, live wells etc... Drewcraft is where I bought mine. Andy is a great guy to deal with. Warranty now is 8 years on Ionics.

5. Member
    I'm still on the fence about this. Wondering if anyone is running a 24 volt tm on two 12 volt 50 amp? I have a Terrova 80 and using two 31 group lead acid. My boat is an old Crestliner 16 foot aluminum utility rowboat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    I'm still on the fence about this. Wondering if anyone is running a 24 volt tm on two 12 volt 50 amp? I have a Terrova 80 and using two 31 group lead acid. My boat is an old Crestliner 16 foot aluminum utility rowboat.
    I am running a Motorguide Tour 82 24v TM and just this spring added two 12 volt 50 amp Ionics. I have ran them hard several days since installing, and one day in particular fought 25-30 mph winds all day long. At the end of the day, my batteries were still at 73% charge. No need to be on the fence regarding whether to take a chance on these or not. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. These batteries are the real deal. You won't be disappointed if you buy.

8. Member
    Thank you.

9. Member
    I'm also running 2 50a Ionics for my 24v Tour Pro. I can run them down to about 80% in a day. I was thinking they may not be enough when I got them, but now I think I could get 2 full days out of them.

So far, very pleased with them.

10. Member

I’m running a 24vlt ultrex on two of there 50 amp hour batteries and from sunrise to the end of the day I have yet to run them below 70 percent that’s on and off spot lock and down here in all the grass we have in Florida.

11. Member
    I might try Ionic's 125 AH battery for cranking my old 125 Mercury. Relion told me they can't recommend one of theirs for cranking my relic because of the long crank-times. Ionic says no problem. Would you guys who use them say that too?

12. Member
    The 125ah Ionic is a beast. I use it to crank my 2020 Merc 250 4-stroke with no problems. Al of my electronics run off this same battery. I am running two Helix 12’s, two Helix 10’s, Mega 360, power poles, stereo, phone charger, live wells, etc.

Recently I made a boo boo and accidentally left one of my compartment lids open running my starting battery down to zero. It would not even show up on my app. I didn’t discover this until the morning I was headed to the lake. I plugged my charger in, used my jumper cables to wake up the 125ah battery and charged for about 45 minutes. I was able to get the starting battery up to 10% and that’s when I left for the lake. I fished all day without any issues and when I got back home my starting battery was at 15%!

I’ve had my Ionics for over two years now and still think it was a good investment. My Puma ran 77 mph on gps the other day with 48 gallons of fuel, power poles, my partner and all his gear and it was 90+ degrees and the water was slick with no chop. My hole shot is strong, I estimate I am around 200 Lbs lighter than most Pumas. I have seen 80 mph in cooler weather.

i see people are using 2 12v lithiums why not get just one 24v as i am considering.......thank you