power pole charge and gateway

I am currently installing my set up. Power pole charge no problem. The Gateway says it has to be mounted vertically and be visible.
    The questions I have:

1. Why vertical?
    2. Why visible?
    3. Do you have to tap the gateway with the magnet to connect bluetooth everytime you go out?
    4. Where is everyone mounting their gateway?

Thank you

tech support was closed when i got to this part :(

2. Member
    Sorry not sure about the gateway . I just installed my charge. I configured my battery information and updated it. Maybe you can answer my questions?
    1. I put in my reserved amp hrs of 220 and it defaulted to 91 ah even though I put in 103 ah. What did I do wrong?
    2. How should I run my charger? Right now I’m sharing charge. Thanks

3. Member
    What kind of batteries you running?

I have 3 Relion 100ah lithium batteries (36V). I put 100ah when I was setting it up. I believe regular batteries run half of their stated AH capacity. So a regular 220AH battery is really 110AH. Some of the regular batteries refer to it as reserve capacity I think.

I have taken it out once with with only the power pole charge. I'm not sure how I'm going to run the share charge.

4. Member
    Cranking batt is a x2 power.

5. Member
    I would make sure your set up is right and you have it set to AGM (I think those are AGM) and it is wired properly. Also, I had to close the app on the phone twice before it gave me my set up.

6. Member
    Its wired correctly and I selected agm.like I said it will accept the 103 ah but when I put in the reserve ah it displayed 91ah . I’ll contact tech support tmrw thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    Sorry not sure about the gateway . I just installed my charge. I configured my battery information and updated it. Maybe you can answer my questions?
    1. I put in my reserved amp hrs of 220 and it defaulted to 91 ah even though I put in 103 ah. What did I do wrong?
    2. How should I run my charger? Right now I’m sharing charge. Thanks

After you enter the Ah and battery setting you have to mash the save button or it reverts back. - i'm on iPhone

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by match View Post
    I am currently installing my set up. Power pole charge no problem. The Gateway says it has to be mounted vertically and be visible.
    The questions I have:

1. Why vertical?
    2. Why visible?
    3. Do you have to tap the gateway with the magnet to connect bluetooth everytime you go out?
    4. Where is everyone mounting their gateway?

Thank you

tech support was closed when i got to this part :(
    Answers below:
    1. IDK was wondering the same thing, assume since water flows down the NMEA plug was on the bottom better water proofness??? let me know if you figure it out
    2. Am guessing so you can see the blinking light and use the bottle opener pairing
    3. Do not have to every time. Should work when you pair it once. It seemed to work fine for me till 20.0 on the lowrance
    4. I had a NMEA connection in back (engine compartment) and put it there. I thought about puttting it up under the dash.

9. Member
    Spoke to tech support today. i was right about the deal with ah’s . On agms you use rah and you’ll get that default value a see ah . All good thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james_az View Post
    After you enter the Ah and battery setting you have to mash the save button or it reverts back. - i'm on iPhone