Best option other than Round-Up ?

I have tried the pre-packaged Round-Up as well as the Orhto Ground Clear, and have also used the Round-Up Concentrate, and I am having mixed results. Sometimes it does the job, but other times (75%) it has no effect.

Is there a product that will KILL the grass and weeds other than these two? I know there must be better options because the lawn care companies get much better results than I do.

I'm guessing that there are "commercial" products out there that the box stores don't carry? Perhaps a Co-Op store?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If Roundup isn’t killing grass, you are doing something wrong. For weeds, 2,4-D is good for most leafy stuff. Step up to a mix of 2,4-D and triclopyr for things that are harder to kill. Use a wetting agent or sticker for clover. Buy the generic glyphosate instead of the premix.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    CatFan is right about the 2-4-D for leafy weeds. Adding a surfactant really helps with that and Roundup too. I typically use some generic roundup I got at Lesco and add some surfactant ( dishsoap works if you don’t want to buy a true surfactant or spray sticker). It is cheap and effective but not really the fastest. If the problem is the stuff growing back you could add a preemergent with it or go with a ground sterilizer if you don’t want anything to grow there. You really need to be careful if you go with a steralizer.

What are you trying to kill and what kinda area (yard, gravel, ditch, etc)?

4. Member
    If you want to kill anything, vinegar, water, small amount of dish soap. CAUTION, it will kill EVERYTHING IT HITS!