Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mark me as SATISFIED at Abuelo's fine Mexican restaurant.
    I'm your 25 percenter ..

2. Banned
    Went and ate a ribeye, tater, fried mushrooms at a little steakhouse out here, may go again tomorrow.

3. Member

Lord knows they need y'alls business

I just got out my chair and eased into the kitchen. Stared at the pantry a couple minutes and had a few pretzels. And reloaded my whiskey glass.
    Such a hectic life it is.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    I just got out my chair and eased into the kitchen. Stared at the pantry a couple minutes and had a few pretzels. And reloaded my whiskey glass.
    Such a hectic life it is.
    You painted a pretty vivid scene.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    Yep, and I'll remind anyone else who fails to mention that SIP has succeeded in its intended purpose.
    So when Sweden did not shelter in place and their medical facilities were not overwhelmed and the numbers are about the same as ours I guess we could say their approach worked just as well?

7. Member
    So sense I'm not fishing anymore I'm just kicking back and enjoying the pleasure of staying in place. But we have been getting out some. I think it is time we put people back to work. It will take time to get back where we were but we need to get started. At my age and with some underling conditions I try to avoid the flu every year. So being safe is what I do during flu season and being safe can avoid this mess to.
    Last edited by Skip; 05-04-2020 at 07:27 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    So when Sweden did not shelter in place and their medical facilities were not overwhelmed and the numbers are about the same as ours I guess we could say their approach worked just as well?
    Sweden? They have nearly a 13% death rate.

Sweden? They have nearly a 13% death rate.
    If u believe its really 13%, well.....

It might be higher then normal but its not really at 13%.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    If u believe its really 13%, well.....

It might be higher then normal but its not really at 13%.
    Lmao. Stop, just stop.

Percentages can be used to prove any point you want. For example, the percentage of the population of Sweden that has died from the virus is .026265%. So the question is, are the tests only given to the very ill with less chance of surviving? Has their version of the CDC sent out instruction to code it a COVID death if the patient is suspected of contact with an infected person? Would there be other health issues that ever contributed or were the main cause of death but COVID gets the press? Too many questions that make the uses of percentages unreliable. I am reasonably sure the death percentage of infected individuals is much lower since they do not want to test you unless you are having symptoms. What would happen to funding if we had 30-40% more infected individuals, but the death toll remained unchanged? No LOL here, just reasonable questions.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Percentages can be used to prove any point you want. For example, the percentage of the population of Sweden that has died from the virus is .026265%. So the question is, are the tests only given to the very ill with less chance of surviving? Has their version of the CDC sent out instruction to code it a COVID death if the patient is suspected of contact with an infected person? Would there be other health issues that ever contributed or were the main cause of death but COVID gets the press? Too many questions that make the uses of percentages unreliable. I am reasonably sure the death percentage of infected individuals is much lower since they do not want to test you unless you are having symptoms. What would happen to funding if we had 30-40% more infected individuals, but the death toll remained unchanged? No LOL here, just reasonable questions.
    That sure was a long winded way of saying you disagree with the data. I'm sure you're aware that data is never 100% accurate, but if it's completely inadmissible to you, I'm just spinning my wheels here. Sweden was perhaps the worst example you could use in your argument, but truthfully I don't give a shit about Sweden .

I believe SIP was working. The drastic rise in new cases throughout the state (feel free to spin it LOL LOL) confirms to me that it was lifted too soon. It's just my opinion, that's all.

While I am concerned about how we move forward, I do know that something has to happen to get us going again and I support our governor's decision. I'm just grateful that we have a president who doesn't stand in the way of those decisions being made at the state level. Now if we could just do that with Roe v Wade.

just showing facts are subjective, unless you have to believe otherwise. You believe what you want and I will do the same. Have a great evening

14. Banned
    That sure was a long winded way of saying you disagree with the data. I'm sure you're aware that data is never 100% accurate, but if it's completely inadmissible to you, I'm just spinning my wheels here. Sweden was perhaps the worst example you could use in your argument, but truthfully I don't give a shit about Sweden .

I believe SIP was working. The drastic rise in new cases throughout the state (feel free to spin it LOL LOL) confirms to me that it was lifted too soon. It's just my opinion, that's all.

While I am concerned about how we move forward, I do know that something has to happen to get us going again and I support our governor's decision. I'm just grateful that we have a president who doesn't stand in the way of those decisions being made at the state level. Now if we could just do that with Roe v Wade.

Any chance this “drastic rise” was because.....they are doing more testing??? I love it, the state partially opens on Friday and there were multiple new test stations opened the exact same day all over the state. Did you expect the number to drop with more testing?

15. Banned
    I fully believe, it’s just a matter of time until everyone is exposed too it, no matter how much one tries to avoid it. Hopefully they can figure out a way to lessen the death toll numbers.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Any chance this “drastic rise” was because.....they are doing more testing??? I love it, the state partially opens on Friday and there were multiple new test stations opened the exact same day all over the state. Did you expect the number to drop with more testing?
    https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas...d-19-cases-237

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I fully believe, it’s just a matter of time until everyone is exposed too it, no matter how much one tries to avoid it. Hopefully they can figure out a way to lessen the death toll numbers.
    I do too. I'm not worried about getting it, personally. It's possible that I've already had it. I'd rather not be the one to spread it to my mother or my wife's patients though.

18. Banned
    I do too. I'm not worried about getting it, personally. It's possible that I've already had it. I'd rather not be the one to spread it to my mother or my wife's patients though.

Yes sir, I agree on the spreading it part. I have an older customer that keeps bugging me to do some work for him and I don’t want to be the one that gives this crap to him. I guess he’s not scared either, but still bugs me.

Well, this is a little inconvenient. Bottom line you don’t know who or what to trust, but I think this is being blown out of proportion by those who want more power or more money. https://www.facebook.com/8304333127/...9810557718128/

50%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12