Bow rubrail replacement??

Is there a simple fix to replacing a 5-6inch piece of the rubrail that has been chewed up from years of use AND abuse? Its a small piece at the very front of the boat that gets beatup when loading the boat, hitting the bow roller.

2. Member
    On my boat if I tried to replace a segment of the rub rail center piece, I don't think it would work. It's under tension from the rear and that might pull the remainder away from any patch.

When you get into a rub rail if you take it off you would also have to blind screw it on over the existing holes. If you do work on rub rails I find if I mark the position of the existing screw holes with marker on the hull, it's easier to find the holes later.

3. Member
    Do you need the rub rail or just the insert? It's really easy to replace the complete "insert". On my 2002 Skeeter I replaced a beat up insert and even though there are still a few marks on the rub rail itself, you can't notice them now. I bought my rub rail from TACO Marine. They have all profiles.
    p.s. If the rub rail at bow is REALLY bad, I would replace it approx 1' or more (not just 6") back on each side, then also do the insert. The joint if the rail would be hardly noticeable if done right...
    Last edited by McQuaig; 04-28-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

Great info right there^^^^ pretty much what i have inmind doing... if not too expensive, i will just replace the whole thing

5. Member
    Taco Marine!!

6. Fishing is a Passion
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

7. Banned
    my last ranger i went to a tractor trailer supply store and bought plastic air hose that they use on trailer brake system, pull out the rope and pop the plastic hose in the slot, you can also get different colors only problem was turning the corner at bow, just heat it a little and it turns the corner like porsche