new-to-me HDS-7 keeps showing short trail as I fish

Best I can tell, I've turned off trails on my HDS-7. It's still showing a short trail on the unit as I fish or even when I travel with the big motor. It almost seems like it's just showing/keeping the last XX period of time traveled. Note, I have this HDS unit ether-networked to another HDS unit in my console, which I have set not to record any trails (which it doesn't.) What am I missing? Unit works completely fine otherwise. I'm guessing I missed some sort of setting related to trails but it sure seems like I clearly turned it off. I'm fairly familiar with these units as I've ran them since 2009.

Thanks for any help you can provide as this is driving me a little nuts. Not a huge fan of making trails while I bass fish with only a few scenario exceptions.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. Member
    Structure map OVERLAY may be turned on. Best guess without a screen shot.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Structure map OVERLAY may be turned on. Best guess without a screen shot.
    I’m heading out tomorrow and will check. What exactly does Structure map overlay do? Now that you mention it, I think I may have switched that “on” because I thought it was necessary to see depth contours.

4. Member
    Structure Map OVERLAY adds SIDE SCAN to your MAPS. ZOOM in. If it's blue that's it. Menu, turn it off

5. Member
    Thank you!