GLS10 Transducer not connected

I have an Ultra 122sv and Panoptix Livescope with the LVS12 transducer. In the last couple of months, I have started getting a "GLS10 Transduce not connected / Unsupported Transducer Connected" error when starting up the unit. I have to disconnected the transducer cable from the GLS10 module, sometimes more than once, to get the unit to recognize the transducer. This does not happen every time I turn the unit on. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

GLS10 Error.jpg

Try wiggling the POWER cable to the black box and re tighten. Then turn on head unit.

3. Member
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have installed my unit and transducer to a new boat, and getting the same error message. I talked to Garmin when I first reported the issue, but they wanted me to update the software first. I don't care to update it based on all the complaints since introducing perspective mode.

Try a factory reset. Fixed mine.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

Undo the connections at the gls10 box and behind the display unit. Then turn it all back on. Works for me once a year. Lol. No idea why.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    The LVS 12 does not use the black box. I have both the LVS32 and LVS12 Livescope transducers. The LVS12 transducer plugs in just like the GT54, except the plug is yellow. If you have already tried reconnecting the transducer plug and restarting the unit (and that did not work), try removing the head unit from the cradle and re-inserting it. The transducer connection passes through the cradle connection and that can be the cause of several problems.

7. Member
    Thank you all. I have been able to disconnect and connect the transducer from the black box and get it to work in the past. I now how the box mounted where it is not accessible on the water, which I really should change. I've had success disconnecting the cable from the unit, but it did not work yesterday. I'll try the factory reset and then removing the unit from the cradle if it reoccurs.

It's a low voltage prob caused by bad or corroded pins in either the cradle or one of the numerous connectors.

9. Member
    I fought the same problem for a year. Tried everything. I think some of the first black boxes had a problem with the transducer connector on the box. Garmin sent me a new black box and I have never had another problem.

10. Member
    Thank you for the continued input! That's a good reminder MonteSS to check for corrosion.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    It's a low voltage prob caused by bad or corroded pins in either the cradle or one of the numerous connectors.
    Monte - I continue to have this same problem on and off. I thought it was connection, corrosion or low voltage. Are you suggesting it’s low voltage caused by corrosion ? or corrosion caused by low voltage ?

I think the connector, is not letting full voltage through it, whether it be cheap pins or corrosion.

I had this every time i went out. I would loosen power connector to the black box and give it a good wiggle and retightened by hand. Reboot head unit and all was good for the day. Mine is an early box if that matters.

Had 10ga to 93sv and Helix10. Had another 10ga to black box.
    Switched to a dedicated 30ah lithium for those three and never had any probs since. 13v all day

13. Member
    Thanks Monte. I too have a 2018/2019 model.
    I would agree voltage level>12.5v has more to do with the overall performance than just being connected.
    Looks like lithium is next upgrade.