Champlain trip odds for memorial day week?

Have a trip planned for Memorial Day week. actually staying VT side in North Hero.
    Based on what you are hearing, what do you think the odds are of lodges being able to open up for business by then?

2. Member
    I am trying to book a cabin on north end in VT, owner told me they are supposed to get direction from governor this week.

Yes. VT should be good by then hopefully from what I've been seeing. Fishing North Hero is great! I used to vacation there in Carry Bay and loved it up there.
    I hope you get there and have a great time.

4. Member
    Getting nervous as time is getting short

5. Member
    When in doubt, call. The week before your trip make sure you call the hotel or wherever you made reservations to make sure they are still open. Most hotels are still considered essential and almost every grocery store is open as well. It’s actually harder to find a store or hotel that’s not essential than one that is. If your lodge isn’t open, book a chain hotel in NY.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    VT still not good from what im hearing. Large fines for any owner who rents to non VT residents.

7. Member
    looks like Marine Village Cottages is open for business on the NY side. Trip is on!

8. Tony C
    Marine village cottages is a great place to stay. I stay there every year for the summer.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyc View Post
    Marine village cottages is a great place to stay. I stay there every year for the summer.
    hope you are doing well. We met last year when I stayed there. I appreciate the help you gave me. Offer still stands for a spring trip here in VA or Santee in SC

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    looks like Marine Village Cottages is open for business on the NY side. Trip is on!

11. Member
    Ordered foot switches for my poles from K&K yesterday, re-organized and did inventory on tackle this morning, and am re-spooling reels with new line after I eat lunch. Can't wait!
    feel free to pm me all your secret baits and gps coordinates......haha

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ordered foot switches for my poles from K&K yesterday, re-organized and did inventory on tackle this morning, and am re-spooling reels with new line after I eat lunch. Can't wait!
    feel free to pm me all your secret baits and gps coordinates......haha
    look to be arriving Monday, TY for your order.

13. Member
    I normally have a group of 8 guys that heads to VT to fish Champlain every year during the Memorial Day week. We waited as long as we could to see what VT would do. We could not go to Vemont so we were just able to book with Marine Village Cottages. I spoke to Jeff yesterday and the owner today. Great Guys. Can not wait to get there. Thanks for the tip everyone. Thanks to Champlainbassman (Ryan) for the helping a fellow fisherman out.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJSTEELER View Post
    I normally have a group of 8 guys that heads to VT to fish Champlain every year during the Memorial Day week. We waited as long as we could to see what VT would do. We could not go to Vemont so we were just able to book with Marine Village Cottages. I spoke to Jeff yesterday and the owner today. Great Guys. Can not wait to get there. Thanks for the tip everyone. Thanks to Champlainbassman (Ryan) for the helping a fellow fisherman out.
    Ryan is the man!!

15. Member
    Fishing was awesome. Most fish caught on a jerk bait or Ned rig. Water temps started around 53 degrees on main lake point on NY side to low 60's around the cut through to get to inland sea ( not the gut). Temps rose almost 10 degrees throughout the week. Tried to target smallmouth but did find largemouth in 2 ft of water on some flats when trying to take a break from the wind. Found a few smallies on the beds and empty beds. Of course caught plenty of pike and even managed to catch a lake trout on a jerk bait in about 6 ft of water.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Fishing was awesome. Most fish caught on a jerk bait or Ned rig. Water temps started around 53 degrees on main lake point on NY side to low 60's around the cut through to get to inland sea ( not the gut). Temps rose almost 10 degrees throughout the week. Tried to target smallmouth but did find largemouth in 2 ft of water on some flats when trying to take a break from the wind. Found a few smallies on the beds and empty beds. Of course caught plenty of pike and even managed to catch a lake trout on a jerk bait in about 6 ft of water.