Replacing flush mounted bow unit on 2014 Z9

I have a 2014 Z9 with a Lowrance HDS 9 flush mounted up front.

I would love to see pictures of your setup if you have removed the flush mount and re-mounted elsewhere or increased unit size.

The reason I am asking is because I would like to run a 12 inch on the bow but the material that the current hds 9 is flush mounted into is very weak. It would not be able to support a larger unit on a Gimbel bracket. So, I would need to cover the existing hole and re-mount somehere else.

Any pictures you have of why you used to cover the old hole and re-mount would be helpful.

Attached is a picture of my current setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I recommend precision sonar. I never had one flush mounted on the front so can’t help with the cover up. I currently run dual 9s on the front of my Z9 with a precision sonar mount. There are several good options out there. I suck at loading pics, but you are welcome to message me your cell and I can text you pics.

Some of us made a new bow panel out of a cutting board from Walmart it worked well
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjgarret View Post
    I have a 2014 Z9 with a Lowrance HDS 9 flush mounted up front.

I would love to see pictures of your setup if you have removed the flush mount and re-mounted elsewhere or increased unit size.

The reason I am asking is because I would like to run a 12 inch on the bow but the material that the current hds 9 is flush mounted into is very weak. It would not be able to support a larger unit on a Gimbel bracket. So, I would need to cover the existing hole and re-mount somehere else.

Any pictures you have of why you used to cover the old hole and re-mount would be helpful.

Attached is a picture of my current setup.
    I have 2013 Z9 that the previous owner had an aluminum plate made to cover what I think was what you have going on. I now have a Carbon 12 bolted to it and it works great. Pictured is the Helix 10 I had on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That plastic they used back then was not the best for mounting electronics. Mine cracked from a 9 mounted on the bow. u really gotta stiffen it up to mounts a 12 to it. They do have mounts that bolt to the deck, this may be your best option. I' 2nd talking to precision sonar, they are great.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. BBC SPONSOR
    @MJgarret

Shoot me a call or email with any questions

270-703-6133
    precisionsonar.com
    jordanh@precisionsonar.com