Engle Bait Cooler

Saw the guide using a 13 qt. Engle bait cooler for minnows with a battery operated aerator.
    Kept them good all day.
    He said he has kept them up to 4 days without changing water.
    So I went on a mission and found one in Owasso after visiting two other places that were out of stock on them.
    $64 minnow bucket. It comes with a DC cigarette lighter connection for boats/cars. $14.95 AC plug in available normally online from Engle but currently out of stock. \
    Also comes with shoulder strap and netted basket to lift up all minnows for easy access.
    Slick rig.
    But it is damn well worth it if you keep minnows multiple days.
    I bought a pound of minnows Saturday about 9 a.m.
    They are alive and well 36 hours later and the 2 D cell batteries are still humming as well.
    I highly recommend it.

2. Member
    Sounds like a great set up. I haven't used minnows in over 20 years but i know a lot of people do.

3. Member
    Guide on Grand showed me a little trick.
    Pull into a dock and see the crappie stacked on trees hung from dock on Garmin panoptix.
    Drop jigs to bottom and slow reel to catch 10 or so and the bite slows.
    Back out and flip in minnows on slip bobbers and catch another 10.
    Guide says he has seen it many times that the whole school does not react the same.
    Good to use both.

I've been using one of these for a couple years now. Mainly when I want to keep minnows for the next day. Fill it up with livewell water and drop the Frabill Flow Troll bucket right in. I also picked up some rechargeable D batts to use as well, but mostly use those for the ride to the lake. At home, I use the cigarette power hooked to a power supply.

5. Member
    I love mine, trap the minnow in a corner. Hate it when they get low and you have to chase them around in a round bucket

6. Member
    Had 5 dozen minnows in my 13 gallon Engle last week for 4 days and didn’t loose any. When I’m done fishing and home I use a small cheap aquarium pump on electric overnight and save the batteries.