Bulk Oil UPDATE // A2O SALE

Does anyone know where I can get bulk Optimax oil around the Louisville area? If not the Louisville area anywhere reasonably close by.

YOU CAN GET BULK OPTIMAX / DFI AT A2O IN SOUTHERN INDIANA RIGHT NOW FOR 25% OFF MAKING IT $23 AND CHANGE PER GALLON. YOU MUST TAKE YOUR OWN JUGS. I WOULD CALL TO MAKE SURE THEY STILL HAVE SOME...……….HE SAID YESTERDAY THAT THEY HAD JUST OPENED THE LAST 55 GALLON DRUM. WE BOUGHT 8 GALLONS.
    Last edited by kyfisherman1; 05-07-2020 at 10:55 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get bulk Optimax oil around the Louisville area? If not the Louisville area anywhere reasonably close by.
    Update to my own post based on information I have gathered:

Jetta Marine Ky Lake - $25.20 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAXalready in jugs
    Renegade Marine Leitchfield - $27.50 per gallon for bulkOPTIMAX already in jugs
    A2O Clarksville -- $30.99 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAXalready in jugs / bring your jugs
    SMI Louisville -- $35.50 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAX – Not sureon jugs

3. Member
    Look at Academy sports. I know Premium plus is 23 a gallon

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    Look at Academy sports. I know Premium plus is 23 a gallon
    I need Optimax not Premium Plus......you can use Premium Plus as a substitute if Optimax isn’t available but Optimax is what I need. Thanks for the note though.

5. Member
    They may have what your looking for.

6. Member
    [QUOTE=Jigman78;11066296]They may have what your looking for.[/QUOT

They have it but they want $40 +/-

May check with Barry’s Marine Service. 270 924 1006.

8. Member
    SOB- At 30+ a gallon I’d switch to a 4 stroke

9. Member
    What motor you have?

10. Member
    What motor you have?
    2007 Optimax 225HP

11. Member
    I've had 3 different pro xs and I run premium plus in all three of them with no issues.

12. Member
    I've had 3 different pro xs and I run premium plus in all three of them with no issues.
    Yep.......thats the PRO XS......it doesn’t run as hot as the Optimax. The Optimax calls for Optimax DFI Oil. You can use Premium Plus as a substitute but they strongly recommend the Optimax when available.

13. Member
    Yep.......thats the PRO XS......it doesn’t run as hot as the Optimax. The Optimax calls for Optimax DFI Oil. You can use Premium Plus as a substitute but they strongly recommend the Optimax when available.
    The 2 stroke Pro XS is an Optimax motor, so I don't know where you are getting the "it runs hotter".

But you are right, I would personally only run the Optimax DFI oil vs the premium plus. I personally idle a lot, and the DFI is better for that.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    The 2 stroke Pro XS is an Optimax motor, so I don't know where you are getting the "it runs hotter".

But you are right, I would personally only run the Optimax DFI oil vs the premium plus. I personally idle a lot, and the DFI is better for that.
    Maybe I am mistaken but I believe what the Mercury folk told me was that the older Optimax motors run hotter than the PRO XS motors. My Opimax just says "Optimax" on the side. The Pro XS motor say PRO XS. I was told that the Pro XS was designed to use Premium Plus. The older Optimax engines should run the OPTIMAX DFI because it has additional additives to help prevent carbon build up because they run hotter. That is what Mercury told me...….

15. Member
    Update to my own post based on information I have gathered:

Jetta Marine Ky Lake - $25.20 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAXalready in jugs
    Renegade Marine Leitchfield - $27.50 per gallon for bulkOPTIMAX already in jugs
    A2O Clarksville -- $30.99 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAXalready in jugs / bring your jugs
    SMI Louisville -- $35.50 per gallon for bulk OPTIMAX – Not sureon jugs
    YOU CAN GET BULK OPTIMAX / DFI AT A2O IN SOUTHERN INDIANA RIGHT NOW FOR 25% OFF MAKING IT $23 AND CHANGE PER GALLON. YOU MUST TAKE YOUR OWN JUGS. I WOULD CALL TO MAKE SURE THEY STILL HAVE SOME...……….HE SAID YESTERDAY THAT THEY HAD JUST OPENED THE LAST 55 GALLON DRUM. WE BOUGHT 8 GALLONS.