89 gt150 fueling issue

Ok so I'm new to the boating world but not to mechanical. I'm working on a boat that's new to me it is an 89 bass tracker 1800 tf with a johnson gt 150 outboard I have no idea where to find the model number but it is an 89. The previous owner said it ran great last year but when he attempted to start it this year he broke off the inlet fuel nipple to the vro pump. I found you can buy that nipple but I don't know how it's held in. Also I did get it to run but it seems to be pouring gas out of the intake.. any ideas?
    Last edited by Payne; 04-26-2020 at 03:36 PM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Unless it is a new style pump you can't replace it as the originals were physically attached. The new style pumps have clamps that hold the nipple in place.

3. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I have a 1989 VRO pump off a working motor. If interested, give me a yell(new ones are pricey). Also, if you see gas pouring out intake, it may be a stuck float. Pull the air silencer black cover off and see if it is coming out the the carb vent holes instead of intake.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

4. Member
    Omcforever what would you want for the pump? Also I noticed you were army thank you for your service I was a grunt myself for a time.

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Sent you an IM/message.

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I have many other crossflow XP/GT 150/175 parts parts if you ever need anything else. Getting rid of them so they are cheap. Getting close to retiring,,,LOL

7. Member
    I did have question. I know there is supposed to be a pressure switch tee'd into the fuel line but mine is capped off and I don't see the switch anywhere. What do you gather from that?

8. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Payne View Post
    I did have question. I know there is supposed to be a pressure switch tee'd into the fuel line but mine is capped off and I don't see the switch anywhere. What do you gather from that?
    Vacuum switch to give alarm due to fuel restriction. You need that in place if you want to protect your motor/get proper alarms. Someone has booger rigged your fuel system it sounds like. I would have a tech verify your whole system/motor for any other funny business. Art