Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am good to fish with the guide, we already talked. Can you tell me where to find the same address rule? I was told that has been lifted on another site just now.
    If your guide is saying he’s good to go, I’d find a legit guide. All guide services are banned at this time. You may also want to confirm he has appropriate licensing, insurance, etc. before you risk a trip.

She is very likely going to extend the restrictions till June.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    If your guide is saying he’s good to go, I’d find a legit guide. All guide services are banned at this time. You may also want to confirm he has appropriate licensing, insurance, etc. before you risk a trip.

She is very likely going to extend the restrictions till June.
    Professional guide no doubt. Do you have a link to this? My date is May 16th. What date is this ban set til?

Professional guide no doubt. Do you have a link to this? My date is May 16th. What date is this ban set til?
    https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...458---,00.html
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    The way I see it is your just going fishing with a guy that knows the lake and your gonna help pay for fuel. Not really a big deal.

5. Member
    Tournament directors received a notice two days ago that advised that anglers not from the same household can now fish together but same social distancing rules apply. I think we would all agree no two (or more) in a boat less than 22+ ft could maintain that degree of separation... that said, what the rules state vs what they will enforce out there are two separate things. I’ve seen a bunch of guys out there fishing together. What I’m not familiar with is whether the ramps will allow out of state registered vehicles to launch.

If you can find lodging, and launch, and you feel safe, I say go for it. The state could use the tourism dollars. Just use standard cautions.

3 people can be 6 feet apart in a any space more than 12'

doesn't seem likely in a boat. let alone a bass boat where you sit next to each other when on plane.

7. Member
    You guys are playing with fire. My best friend and I still take seperate boats out and he's got a 20 footer. There is no way I would fish that close to anyone outside my household for 8 hours. This virus is no joke. My boss' wife had it, my cousin's husband died from it, I know at least three more close people who have died from it. Just be patient and smart and keep fishing solo or with same household or this virus will be sticking around for at least the entire Summer. Watch and see after Memorial Day when the weather gets really nice and people start going up North and traveling freely within the state. I will bet Michigan and the US gets more than five times the positive cases we now have. We haven't even begun to see flattening of the curve yet.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    You guys are playing with fire. My best friend and I still take seperate boats out and he's got a 20 footer. There is no way I would fish that close to anyone outside my household for 8 hours. This virus is no joke. My boss' wife had it, my cousin's husband died from it, I know at least three more close people who have died from it. Just be patient and smart and keep fishing solo or with same household or this virus will be sticking around for at least the entire Summer. Watch and see after Memorial Day when the weather gets really nice and people start going up North and traveling freely within the state. I will bet Michigan and the US gets more than five times the positive cases we now have. We haven't even begun to see flattening of the curve yet.
    Not to be rude but I don’t think you understand flattening of the curve. All that is meant by that is keeping the infection rate lower as to not overwhelm our healthcare system which it hasn’t, it did come close in NYC. Until there is “herd immunity” or a vaccine there is always a chance of another spike

9. Member
    It's a virus, it will never go away! Numbers are being manipulated. Sorry you had personal bad experiences, but I don't agree with you.

What is the deal now in Michigan? Can out of state anglers fish Michigan lakes? I have a guide scheduled May 16th and wanted to see if I can bring my boat to fish the day after. Thanks in advance and I appreciate honesty.. I will not take any of the fish I catch. Just want to stretch my string
    Extended to May 28. Not sure if she will change any of the EO’s. Seems she changes something with each hot flash.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rs/3056678001/

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    Just be patient and smart and keep fishing solo or with same household or this virus will be sticking around for at least the entire Summer.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the more social distancing we do, the longer it will be around. All flattening the curve does is extend the "Time" axis.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the more social distancing we do, the longer it will be around. All flattening the curve does is extend the "Time" axis.

13. Member
    I have to feel sorry for the good people of Michigan. Seems like a recall is called for. I have a trip scheduled June 1&2 but, it looks doubtful now. Not sure I even want to visit a state where the governor thinks she is a dictator with absolute power over her subjects. Sad times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12