Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nonresident fishing

What is the deal now in Michigan? Can out of state anglers fish Michigan lakes? I have a guide scheduled May 16th and wanted to see if I can bring my boat to fish the day after. Thanks in advance and I appreciate honesty.. I will not take any of the fish I catch. Just want to stretch my string

At this time the rule is only people from the same address/residents may fish in the same boat

Not to mention all guide services are not allowed to operate right now

This executive order is in effect until May 15th so you might want to contact your guide and see what their plan is

As for driving up here and fishing – as long as you fish solo you shouldn’t have a problem
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    At this time the rule is only people from the same address/residents may fish in the same boat

As for driving up here and fishing – as long as you fish solo you shouldn’t have a problem
    That's my plan, solo.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

Not to mention all guide services are not allowed to operate right now

This executive order is in effect until May 15th so you might want to contact your guide and see what their plan is

I am good to fish with the guide, we already talked. Can you tell me where to find the same address rule? I was told that has been lifted on another site just now.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...926---,00.html

Click on "Can I still Go Boating?" or "Am I able to use my motor-powered boat"

Says you have to remain at least 6 feet apart from anyone outside your household at all times

Not possible when sitting side by side in the cockpit

if you want to run the trolling motor all day I guess that would be ok
    "The handicapped angler"

The DNR site has alot of info. Most rules are set until April 30th. I guess I will wait til my trip gets closer and check that site again. Thanks fellas. And it said travel in to Michigan from out of state is not recommended.... so I guess it is not a true "rule". I wasn't asking for recommendations lol. Hope everyone stays safe. Thanks again

LOL yea some of these rules are screwy but as long as you play safe I say go for it

I saw a boat Friday with 4 guys and another with 3 so I'm betting the authorities will have plenty of other people to focus on then two guys playing safe
    "The handicapped angler"

My issue is where will I stay? I am guessing all hotels, campgrounds, and lodges are closed.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

9. Member
    When the Governor revised the EO I looked over the rules on their site and nothing was stated about same households but when I called the County Sheriff they stated you must be from the same household. When we launched out of Harley Ensign this past weekend there is a banner on the gate when you enter and the first rule stated is same households per boat. All the current rules are in effect until May 15th. With your trip being on May 16th you should be fine unless things get extended again.

Thanks Gary

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Thanks Gary
    I called the DNR enforcement number and was told that the same household didn't apply and they just want you to try and keep the 6' distance as much as possible. They also said you could have more than 2 in a boat. Does anyone know with 100% certainty what the rules are?

12. Member
    I really hope this is true

13. Member
    As an Ohioian this is kind of an awkward time, for alot of us LSC is a trip we look forward to every year and as we all come out of hibernation gets us pumped up for the year, we have a 2 night air bnb for may 17-18. yes the lake isnt going anywhere but it would be such a hard blow to go out and catch 12 inch ohio fish that weekend knowing that every other year you have been catching 50 plus pissed off brown ones. i would imagine two weeks from now everything would look alot different. I am hoping that eveyone can do there best to stay smart while traveling from out of state. things like only taking vehicles and boats that could go without being fueled up for the entirety of your trip, bringing your own beer and food, staying away from hotels and using air bnbs and vrbros.

its not in our hands which i would never of imagined in my lifetime , hopefully see some of yall up there soon.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin762 View Post
    As an Ohioian this is kind of an awkward time, for alot of us LSC is a trip we look forward to every year and as we all come out of hibernation gets us pumped up for the year, we have a 2 night air bnb for may 17-18. yes the lake isnt going anywhere but it would be such a hard blow to go out and catch 12 inch ohio fish that weekend knowing that every other year you have been catching 50 plus pissed off brown ones. i would imagine two weeks from now everything would look alot different. I am hoping that eveyone can do there best to stay smart while traveling from out of state. things like only taking vehicles and boats that could go without being fueled up for the entirety of your trip, bringing your own beer and food, staying away from hotels and using air bnbs and vrbros.

its not in our hands which i would never of imagined in my lifetime , hopefully see some of yall up there soon.
    Just bring your food, don't worry about gassing up. Come on up and enjoy yourselves.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstan14 View Post
    I called the DNR enforcement number and was told that the same household didn't apply and they just want you to try and keep the 6' distance as much as possible. They also said you could have more than 2 in a boat. Does anyone know with 100% certainty what the rules are?
    Wonder why they would say that when there is a banner at the entrance of a DNR launch that states same household.

Personally I’d say it’s better to be safe and not push it

Just saw this on the MI gov site for the latest EO

Says “individuals not part of a single household may not boat together”

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus...7027--,00.html
    "The handicapped angler"

17. bullyfish
    Guys you should be really proud of the people running your state. Maybe after they get you through this crisis they will fix your roads

18. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    Guys you should be really proud of the people running your state. Maybe after they get you through this crisis they will fix your roads
    I've been thinking that for years... My truck and boat tires get a freakin' work out when I come up there...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

19. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    The problem is they keep trying to jam $.45 per gallon down our throat to fix them. Years ago they raise the gas tax to tax that was supposed to fix the roads. So obviously you can see why we don’t trust them.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

GET THIS!

Now the section that said “individuals not part of a single household may not boat together”

HAS BEEN REMOVED

these freakin people have their head up their........
    "The handicapped angler"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast