MIAMI VALLEY MARINE..BEWARE

So I’ll keep this as short as possible. I Locked up a lower unit at Erie last spring and
    contacted my insurance, hoping I’d see Flo, but I got another rep who was surprisingly knowledgeable. He asked how I wanted to proceed.. normally with a lower I would have just got the new lower and swapped it myself.. but.. when the lower locked up, the engine would not crank. I was concerned there may be engine damage from it locking abruptly bending a rod or breaking a wrist pin .. I was lettering her eat and was just under the limiter so who knows what all had happened.. I didn’t want to risk a possible engine claim by digging in myself.. I’ve actually made a post here on his knowledge and good work performed before. I’ve bought parts from him over the years and he was always helpful in getting them if he didn’t have them in stock.He rebuilt a promax for one of my friends and was very meticulous .. Every needle bearing inspected etc etc
    which brings me to the other side of business. Communication and delivery service in a timely manner. After many calls to both my adjuster and Ed , I still don’t have a lower.. the excuses, very week ones at that, were constant..
    the lower is supposed to be in now.. but I’ve been told three days, or two weeks, or next Monday Countless times and still no lower. My insurance company has my claim as settled. Asked me what happened to the lower that he put on.. HA Ha.. what lower.. soo I was told by my agent that it was in and I could pick it up this past Friday.
    I will be going in Monday to pic it up ...hopefully...51weeks later if it’s actually even there.or I’ll be getting my attorney involved..
    fortunatly I could provide myself with another lower while waiting....but would have been shore locked if not..
    not really a rant or venting session here. Just trying to keep others from possibly having these same problems..no p

...guess I’ll be making a drive for any further mechanical issues that I can’t tackle myself.. Thanks for reading, and slip some drag along your way..

2. Member
    So where is Miami valley marine
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    So where is Miami valley marine
    Located on Rt 201, just north of Huber Heights. 15 minutes North of Dayton..

4. Member
    always hear good things about them????????????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Yes sir I have to... And having installed my own provided lowerunit on my boat while waiting the original two to for weeks, I was very patient .. but... You just don’t cash a check from the insurance company and not follow through.. no matter the circumstances..like I said, just sharing my first and last personal experience with shop work there..

6. Member
    I have had great service from Miami Valley Marine & have had friends go there & they have had great service too. Sorry to hear of your bad non service

Hope you get it all squared away man.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

They've had your boat for a year?

In 1985 I dropped my new Regal off at Princeton Marine to be Winterized. I was there 2 weeks. The last week it was there we got like 6 inches of rain. I had the plug removed and a nice custom cockpit cover on it. When they brought it around there was water running out of the plug hole and the bulge pump cranking away. Take almost 10 minutes for it to stop. They had parked it nose down for at least a week.

Took me 4 days with it parked under a nat gas heater to get the cudy dried out. Winter was here! Never took it back to them or did business with them again. I bought that boat from them. Guess they never really cared.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

9. Member
    For a small local shop I would still recommend him. His work and pricing saved me $$$$ on a carb rebuild. I am sure the OP will get it worked out.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    ...51weeks later if it’s actually even there...
    That's all on you... 51 weeks???... 51 weeks???... 51 weeks???!!!... Dan

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    That's all on you... 51 weeks???... 51 weeks???... 51 weeks???!!!... Dan
    I agree totally.. I was OVERLY patient, I had a rig to run...I know the difference between an excuse and a lie.. also know that we all have hardships, and things happen , so I wasn’t harassing in anyway. But I also don’t feel I shouldn’t have to call and call to get a resolution. My insurance company was actually pretty helpful, but was also in the middle of a he said,she said.. when the word attorney gets brought up , things sometimes progress quickly..

I received my new lower unit yesterday, ( new in box condition with receipt of build) but will be pursuing my insurance company for the difference in the prop and labor not performed that I’m still owed. I was presented a lower unit, and offered no paperwork to outline a final balance or to present to the insurance company to close the claim..( it’s been closed for months per Miami Valley Marin) still hoping to meat Flo .. lol

in closing, I actually do think that Ed is a nice guy, and he has had resent hardships, but that should never overlap business ethics..

something wrong here... the smell doesn't seem right... I wonder what the other side has to say on this one... 2 sides to every story and most times they both have flaws in them
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

13. Member
    Call him., ask him.. see how many times he contradicts himself as he gets nervous , begins to stutter and changes the subject to personal hardships and familiar acquaintances.. or you can tag along when I try to collect my other 339$.. I’m a straight shooter.. I was very patient, mostly because I have a friend that is very close to Ed and another very good friend that was trying to purchase a boat from another family member of his.If you want some more of the story, it took 8 months to get the boat purchased that was sitting at the marina, for Ed to advertise and sell..when contact was finally made with the actual owner (the brother-in-law) was made , my friend was told it was the first he knew that he was interested.. this being after several offers were put on the table.. if you’d like to here more about how patient I was and how I tried to accommodate the situation so we both Were happy . I will elaborate further. My lower went from .. One I saw on line .. 2 in stock.. to back order, to unavailable.. to i sent yours to bobs machine 2 week out ( I called bobs.. they wer 7-10 days out) so I’m feeling fuzzy again.. ( this around 5 months in)To well I’m not gonna weight another two months on bobs I’ll have it shipped back.. to hey what’s going on Ed.. 7 months)..to how bout I build this sports master I have here.. pic it up in three days.. ok call me when it’s ready and we’ll go over the balance( up or down) to 2 more months hey it’s ready.. ( after my final and first threatening call to Flo’s crew )bam we have a lower unit..ok .. which one .. the one that went to bobs?The one I showed you on line , the rebuilt sporty? , no the one I couldn’t originally get in a timely manner..which I’m happy to finally have.. upon picking it up I was told that , hey man. Sorry for the confusion, Ibtold you two months ago I’d have your lower in a few days.. it’s been here for two months.. I said last We spoke two months ago you asked if I’d accept an in house rebuild on a sporty? Answer.. oh we must have got our communication crossed...?? Hard to remember all the mishaps in one simple linsurance claim I guess.. I seemed to be the only one communicating, and the truth is easily recalled..look all I wanted was a lower unit. When the money for the claim is gone and the claim is “ settled per the marina”” and the rendered services aren’t provided..I think it’s crystal clear... furthermore my agent and that I spoke of, was very accommodating and apologetic through this whole fiasco. I will be changing insurance not because of the agents will to help , but the policies that his company has in regards to situations like these..it was there job to insure me , but my job to close out and collect.. ??? No follow up when Miami valley closed the claim? .. just like it will be my job to collect the 339$ that was not mentioned when picking up the lower. My agent had scheduled a call today to see if I was taken care of ...and like always he called.. when I told him the situation, he said well I made Ed well aware of the difference in the amount cut and the balance due.. I apparently ignorant ,assumed that they would reimburse me , or pursue the funds..( I am the one with the claim unsettled.. they are being paid to insure me and represent my best interests in satisfying my claim) he informed me that I would have to get the balance from Ed myself. We are in the middle of shopping Insurance’s anyhow but Flo’s crew won’t be getting any of it.. so yes there are two sides to every story.. you heard mine,and all I heard were stories and excuses..and not 1 single phone call the entire time for an update or apology for delay or anything for that matter. Not a sign here for delivery when picked up, here’s our original agreement here’s the balance.. nothing..I would much rather be able to get on here as the gentlemen above did and praise someone’s service instead of shedding light on bad service. But the Truth is the truth. I always used STAMPERS BOAT BARN for all my service needs in the past..Manfred and Dora bent over backwards to help me out..actually had a complete motor overnighted from mercury. A call on Monday morning and it was rigged and ready in three days ,giving me break in time to keep me from missing a tournament.. after a decade away from the tournament game and no contact with any marina ( except buying parts from Ed) I trusted a friend of a friend just minutes away... .. and there’s the REST OF THE STORY ...

and the reason for this post.. ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER..
    tight lines gentlemen, I’ll se ya round the mudholes, slip some drag along your way