Thread: School taxes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

School taxes

It has been a while since the announcement was made that PA schools are going to stay closed for the academic year. I have been anxiously waiting to see how they are going to refund the school tax we paid but I haven't noticed anything.

Anybody know if this was addressed and I missed it?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What money that they normally spend hasn’t been spent? Teachers are still being paid, insurance is still being paid, utilities are still being paid. Maybe save some transportation costs, but that would be it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Now this is a funny thread. When did your local school board ever think about giving you anything back.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    What money that they normally spend hasn’t been spent?
    Something my school district is very good at is thinking up new ways to waste money. Since there is nothing unique or special about them I suspect most districts are run the same way. If they aren't working they aren't thinking up new things to spend money on. That could save millions.

5. Member
    Zelmo, the schools aren't closed...my wife is a teacher & her school district is doing online classes, she works from her computer & I'm sure that all of the districts in the state are doing the same. No one is screwing you out of your money sir

6. Member
    Right. Just like everyone who is working from home is "working". I'm sure your wife is doing something school related at home but I doubt the majority of the administrators are doing anything.

To be clear, I don't expect to see a dime. Actually, I expect them to raise taxes again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Right. Just like everyone who is working from home is "working". I'm sure your wife is doing something school related at home but I doubt the majority of the administrators are doing anything.

To be clear, I don't expect to see a dime. Actually, I expect them to raise taxes again.
    I am about to potentially lose my job for next year if it makes you feel any better.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    It has been a while since the announcement was made that PA schools are going to stay closed for the academic year. I have been anxiously waiting to see how they are going to refund the school tax we paid but I haven't noticed anything.

Anybody know if this was addressed and I missed it?
    Pennsylvania fishing forum and you start a thread about school taxes

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Pennsylvania fishing forum and you start a thread about school taxes
    Its a discussion, that's all. We all have a lot on our minds and what is going on in PA its clear how much waste and Bull$shit we are being told. We have people that will lose everything, watching our freedom get squashed over a "pandemic" that hasn't become anything more that what really happens in the world every day.

With that being said.....when is this damn spring bit going to turn on?!?!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Moderator
    You have to going fishing. To get a bite
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartman View Post
    I haven’t been out for a couple of weeks because the ramps are a zoo with all the guys that are working from home.

12. Banned
    I haven't been out either, my one friend has been out on Blue Marsh a handful of times and he said it's been a zoo. Water skiers and tubers already even with water temperatures in the 50s. Slow bite.
    I heard Beltzville has been jammed also.

13. Member
    I used to hit BM every spring. I saw a recent notice on their website advising not to park on the road when the lot was full. I then heard that if you did get in the wait at the ramp was over an hour. I want no part of that.

Compounding the situation is that the bay is shut down. That has the MD guys heading up here.

14. Moderator
    Yes!! Beltzveille same way. Might be a sign of the way things will be this year... Even small electric motor lakes have been packed..

That is the best answer!! LOL you guys go and tell me when it gets good.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Moderator
    It's on windy raining days and not as crowded!!!

17. Banned
    Yes!! Beltzveille same way. Might be a sign of the way things will be this year... Even small electric motor lakes have been packed..
    Yeah I heard that Leaser lake has been pretty jammed add in the trout fisherman and I'm sure it's a zoo. I'm sure the Chunk is the same, I missed the good jerkbait bite in March but with this weather I'll bet it's still pretty hot there though.

Wat a minute...this thread was about schools, and the darn teachers getting paid to sit at home and do nothing...I belive like any job in life, some are doing a fantastic job, going above and beyond their contracted hours of work. Don't ask me how I know.. But there will be a few who milk the system and do little work. This is why most teachers get a bad rap. Don't criticise someone until you walked in their shoes...
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

And administrators are working their buts off trying to figure out how to manage what's been thrown on their school districts table. They are working harder now than they ever were before...
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

20. Scraps
    My gal works in an affluent school district HR dept. The big shots always seem to take care of themselves. No raises this year, well, we'll just give ourselves big boneuses.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast