Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New tracker trailer steps

I noticed on the new tracker trailers they added a step to their trailers and thought that was a nice addition. I could really use this since I usually crawl out when loading the boat. I know there’s a few aftermarket options but I wanted to ask if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as where/who I can purchase this from. Salesman at bps wasn’t much help, looked like I was bothering him.

2. Member
    i was just looking on their site for the same thing! maybe they'll show up on there at some point.

3. Member
    When I bought my PT190 two years ago I wanted to add the bow step that was available for the 195. Fortunately for me the lady at the parts counter recommended that I get the step that was available for the Nitro boats so I went with that. Very glad that I did. It's a much better step and doesn't cost but a few more dollars. For added traction I put stair tread tape on the trailer tongue.

100_0470.JPG100_0471.JPG
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    I added the same Nitro step to my 2017 PT190. My trailer was even predrilled so it was just a matter of bolting it on. It works great.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

5. #FRB
    I really need that step on my 175 trailer. One of these days my luck is gonna run out as I step off the bow to hook the strap.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Amazon. Just search boat trailer steps. They have a 3 step and 4 step option. Seems like a good price. While looking I bought a step that fits over my back tire to allow me to more easily climb into back of truck when launching.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    When I bought my PT190 two years ago I wanted to add the bow step that was available for the 195. Fortunately for me the lady at the parts counter recommended that I get the step that was available for the Nitro boats so I went with that. Very glad that I did. It's a much better step and doesn't cost but a few more dollars. For added traction I put stair tread tape on the trailer tongue.

100_0470.JPG100_0471.JPG
    I put that same on on my 2014 190TX.

8. Member
    Two of my friends also added the Nitro step to their PT175s.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    Humminbird Mega360

9. Member
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

10. Member
    they put a bolt on one on the new pro 175 and pro 195 tournament trackers. i bought one at bass pro parts department in Kodak for $200 and put on my 2012 Pro 165 Tracker. Look at the new tracker adds and you will see it in the photos for the boat/trailer
    works great for this old man and his knees/back aches.

11. Member
    Thanks for all the responses. I failed to mentioned I have a deep v hull, so a 2 or 3 step would be more ideal. I see a few companies make them but wow the price is a hard pill to swallow. I guess that’s the price you have to pay to save yours knees and back.

12. Member
    maybe if you got the one step that i got from Bass Pro/Tracker you could have a second step welded on. Cheaper than $500 for those you mentioned

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODYTN View Post
    maybe if you got the one step that i got from Bass Pro/Tracker you could have a second step welded on. Cheaper than $500 for those you mentioned
    I feel like I owe you lunch because this did not cross my mind at all! I have a fabricator who’s young and busting his buns off to make a living. I think we can help each other out right now, I’ll definitely let you guys know how it goes. I want something that’s going to contour with the boat/trailer, I don’t want anything sticking out too far or somethings that’s a straight step.

One of my friends designed and built this for his Ranger. It is bolted under the winch and to the lower part of the winch post. Very clever.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    One of my friends designed and built this for his Ranger. It is bolted under the winch and to the lower part of the winch post. Very clever.

That's pretty darn nice!

16. Member
    I went to bps I guess I got lucky when I went in to the boat side of the store. He ordered a bow step for me that hooks to the winch stand. He said they don’t make one for my tracker trailer per day but he did a little digging and found one that would work. I’ve got an mvx 1648 grizzly. It’s not like the nitro step that I have seen the kicks the step of to one side. The step pad is about level with my winch and it’s in front of my winch which is perfect for me because I run a terrova which hangs over the bow. I can easily clear the tm.

I'm interested in doing this on my 2018 190tx. How does the Nitro step attach to the trailer, u bolts around the winch stand I guess? Did you guys have to make any modifications to the trailer or step to make it fit?

18. Member
    I did not have to make any modifications. My trailer was pre-drilled to accept the Nitro step. If you have the opportunity check them out in the showroom.
    As I remember there was one large bolt that holds the top of the step to the winch stand and a pre-drilled hole for it on the winch stand and a U-bolt that attaches to the lower portion of the winch stand. Very easy install.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Humminbird Mega360

Quote Originally Posted by CStyle View Post
    I'm interested in doing this on my 2018 190tx. How does the Nitro step attach to the trailer, u bolts around the winch stand I guess? Did you guys have to make any modifications to the trailer or step to make it fit?
    Awesome. When I talked to Tracker Marine the guy told me he couldn't guarantee fitment but everyone on here and FB didn't seem to have any problems. My winch does have two pre-drilled holes in it where I believe bolts will go through. I'm just gonna go full send and try it based on the feedback I've seen on here and FB.

N/A
    Last edited by bassbama; 06-07-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast