Thread: OH Ivie Lodging

OH Ivie Lodging

Headed down to Ivie next Saturday for some guided bow fishing and curious where would be a good place to stay for the night? There will be three of us and I don't find many airbnb options. Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    Sportsman Lodge, right before the entrance to Elm Creek 325-357-4996

3. Banned
    Heard good and bad about Sportsman’s, some say it’s clean and other say their room was dirty. Good thing about it is the beer store and the little restaurant has decent food and are open after the marinas close the grills down. I honestly don’t think there’s a nickels difference between any of them anymore. I assume your going with Hamil so you may want to ask him which end of the lake he’s hunting, I saw him below my house a couple nights this week southend main lake.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info gentlemen. May just turn around and head home after we're done. We will be with Hamil I believe and he said to meet at Elm Creek or Kennedy Park. Hopefully we have a good time as none of us have done this before. Just need to get out away from the house. I've only been to Ivie once before and we stayed in San Angelo then drove over.

5. Banned
    Elm creek is Kennedy park, be a long night driving back. I don’t advise it, it’s like running a gauntlet through the deer on 1929.

6. Member
    Hope the bow fishing is better then the bass fishing. Our club had a tournament there today. 34 people and only 2 overs weighed in. Big fish was 4.6, I took 6th with 2 unders at 4.66.

7. Banned
    Glad I stayed off and got my stuff ready to go somewhere else, don’t look forward to getting back on this lake any time soon.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Glad I stayed off and got my stuff ready to go somewhere else, don’t look forward to getting back on this lake any time soon.
    I actually caught about 2 dozen today Carolina rigging between 12-18' but almost all were 14'15"

9. Banned
    Can catch a lot of fish, sort through the the dinks is getting old. Seems like the slime is going away in some places which is good, maybe it will all go away soon.

10. Member
    We actually changed our plans and we are heading to Hubbard Creek. Our guide suggested the change based upon his trip there the previous weekend. Guess we'll see how it goes.

11. Member
    Well it was windy on Hubbard last Saturday night but we managed to put some fish in the boat.
    imagejpeg_0(34).jpg imagejpeg_0(32).jpg imagejpeg_0(35).jpg