Fair Value Calculator

I am usually lazy and will check Morningstar to get their estimate of fair value but since I am stuck at home I decided to build a simple spreadsheet to calculate it on a stock. Of course it is only as reliable as the information I enter and right now projected growth rates, rates of return and guessing the multiple 10 years out is pure guesswork. But it is sort of interesting too see what a price of a stock could be at a growth rate and multiple if it holds up. Did one for Apple based on a growth rate at 10.5% and a PE of 20 and a minimum rate of return at 10% based on this if I bought the stock at $262.50 and the earnings growth continued for 10 years at 10.5% and it traded at a multiple of 20 in that tenth year, the stock price would be 618.96 and I would have a rate of return of 10%. I built in a dividend growth part into the spreadsheet also so based on their current dividend, if they grew it 10% every year then I would have a yield to cost of 5%. Now this is all speculation and subject to sever guesswork at this time but it’s pretty fun to adjust the numbers and see the different outcomes. Anyone build any spreadsheets they use to analyze a stock?

2. Member
    I haven't, but that's a good idea. Interesting on AAPL. I could see it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I haven't, but that's a good idea. Interesting on AAPL. I could see it.
    If I change it to a 5% growth rate then the price in 10 years is 390. That one could be more accurate the way things are going��

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Thats really interesting. Now do AMZN with a 20% growth rate and 100 PE.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Thats really interesting. Now do AMZN with a 20% growth rate and 100 PE.
    $6,501.32

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    $6,501.32

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    So in 10 years AMZN will be trading at 10K without a split.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    So in 10 years AMZN will be trading at 10K without a split.
    Oh yeah without a doubt

9. Member
    If ir gets that high then my kids 2 shares might turn into a meaningful position

10. Member
    It was raining today so I watched a video on You Tube for entering formulas to build a spreadsheet for Modified Discounted Cash Flow Analysis to determine fair value and I added it to the same workbook for the Intrinsic Value calculator. I use the same projected growth for both models and the fair value price came in about 2 dollars apart depending on the margin of safety I set. Added in a projected dividend growth calculator for 10 years as well to get yield on cost over 10 years. Biggest pain was having to get the information on outstanding shares, long/short term debt, operating cash flow etc. and then converting them to millions for the spreadsheet. It might be easier the second go around. Spent two hours trying to figure out why the models departed so much then I realized I had the wrong outstanding share count so the other pain is checking two sources of information to make sure they are current. At least now I have something to help me kill some time.

If anyone is interested in building one there are instructional videos with formulas on YouTube. I added two models from two different videos to compare the results. Wasn't a bad exercise for a rainy day.