Post Bow problemwith a new ulterra installation

In mounting my new 36volts 112 ulterra, I found that in order to get the proper mounting on the bow of my stratos 289FS, I would have to put the quick release plate over half of the hole for my front navigation light , and drill anew hole for the power wire for my front hummingbird.
    Now all of that is OK. What's not OK is how to make the bow still look good with all the hole filling going on.
    I know somewhere on someones boat I saw a triangular rubber mat that fit on the bow.
    I don't remember where somewhere was or who someone is; but I remember seeing it.
    I've searched all over the web, and even tried to be boat brand specific with no results. I know I can get some rubber mat, and cut my own and as a last result that's what I'll do; but the one I saw had nice rounded corners and just looked nice.
    So if anyone knows of a place where I can find a precut rubber bow mat, I'd appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

Steve

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 89-289FS View Post
    In mounting my new 36volts 112 ulterra, I found that in order to get the proper mounting on the bow of my stratos 289FS, I would have to put the quick release plate over half of the hole for my front navigation light , and drill anew hole for the power wire for my front hummingbird.
    Now all of that is OK. What's not OK is how to make the bow still look good with all the hole filling going on.
    I know somewhere on someones boat I saw a triangular rubber mat that fit on the bow.
    I don't remember where somewhere was or who someone is; but I remember seeing it.
    I've searched all over the web, and even tried to be boat brand specific with no results. I know I can get some rubber mat, and cut my own and as a last result that's what I'll do; but the one I saw had nice rounded corners and just looked nice.
    So if anyone knows of a place where I can find a precut rubber bow mat, I'd appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

Steve
    I have a Ranger that I recently put an Ulterra on and there are holes exposed from the previous trolling motor. I haven't got around to finishing it off yet but I found this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045L97GS...v_ov_lig_dp_it and plan on using it to replace the old rubber mat. Just trace the pattern and use a pair of heavy duty scissors or razor knife to cut it it out.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

3. Member
    cmbtvet,
    I do have a 25"rubber square that I can cut to fit (already made a template) to cover the holes after filling them . I was looking for something that would look more factory. I have found pics of some mats that came on boats. Ranger being one of them.
    So I'll keep on looking for the rest of today, as it's raining here, and I can't work on my boat anyway.

4. Member
    I used Gator Skinz a lot on my restore. Really easy to work with.

https://www.gator-guards.com/product...14139078311991

5. Member
    Here's what I came up with I bought a 2' X 3' rubber mat from Lowes ($13.00). I then cut it to size using the template I made. Glued it down with spray gorilla glue. I haven't cleaned all the glue marks off yet. But other than that I'm happy with the way it turned out. Gotta either re-position my front NAV light, or put some new LED ones on the port & stbd side. Haven't decided yet. I'll figure it out after the new ulterra is in place, and I re-installed my front Humminbird I don't need a nav light to fish during the day, and both the large and smallmouth are startin to hit real good.

Steve

20200507_114208.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images