Thread: The REIT Wars

The REIT Wars

Anyone else watching the REIT wars on Seeking Alpha? On one side you have the cheerleaders saying now is the time buy Simon, O, EPR and other retail REITS. On the other side are the folks reminding people that shareholders get nothing in a bankruptcy. Fairly entertaining.

2. Member
    I'm not watching it, but Yahoo finance has been the same way. I should have sold my last one on the after hours pop that happened. I think they're undervalued here, but with all of the talk they'll probably go lower.

3. Banned
    I just think commercial real estate is gonna suck for the long term, plenty of people are realizing they don't need all that office space.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I just think commercial real estate is gonna suck for the long term, plenty of people are realizing they don't need all that office space.
    That is my thinking as well and on the malls and retail centers if alot of their tenants go bankrupt.

5. Member
    REITs looking good today

6. Member
    Reits still treating me very well this week

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    Reits still treating me very well this week
    Same here. I wanted to go for a long hold in MITT, but I'm not sure about how the earnings will go. Any thoughts?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Same here. I wanted to go for a long hold in MITT, but I'm not sure about how the earnings will go. Any thoughts?
    I think earnings are largely baked into a number of them... but I do personally believe they will go down once released. My general goal is to pull profits before and buy the assumed dip when released.

MITT got me livescope and a power pole a couple weeks ago, don't currently have a position in it but watching.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    I think earnings are largely baked into a number of them... but I do personally believe they will go down once released. My general goal is to pull profits before and buy the assumed dip when released.

MITT got me livescope and a power pole a couple weeks ago, don't currently have a position in it but watching.
    Yeah I think I'll probably set a trailing stop sometime soon and then watch the earnings.

10. Member
    Any thoughts on MITT? I'm debating on whether I should hold or sell on this pop.