Cool Downtime at home ideas

So with this pandemic slowing everyone everywhere, I was given some extra time to do things around the house (AKA "furlough"). Got my hours cut back to 20 hrs/wk. Managed to get most of my outdoor projects done that i've started...and never completed or stopped after one year. But last fall I began entertaining the thought of building a portable "smoker cart" that I could move around, store in garage, etc. I had an idea and rough drawing of how I envisioned it, but very little skill. Still, I had a few pieces of scrap lumber and over the winter, accumulated a little more of what I needed.
    It's almost complete, I'm lacking the final top and a door for the front of the propane/storage area. Just thought I would share...

.IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0746.jpgInkedIMG_0756_LI.jpg

Looks good.

When I did a grill table I lucked into a piece of 18x24x3/4” marble for about $5 from the flea market. Put some rubber feet on it and made it my work surface. Easy to move and clean. Some of the stone countertop places might have some irregular scraps that might work.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

The marble I hadn’t thought of. I figured a wood of some type for a prep station. The marbles a good option. If I can build a support then maybe I can fashion as an in-lay

5. Member
    Love the idea!