Unsolicited Trades

Is anyone else's broker randomly sending them notices that shows your trades and show that they were unsolicited? TD sent me one this week. Kind of random, maybe due to the volatility?

2. Member
    I have always gotten those. If I place on order on something that my broker did not recommend they mark it as unsolicited. Probably for liability purposes.

3. Member
    My broker, a CFP has not contacted me yet this year. As a matter of fact, I have only has one face to face meeting with him in five years. I probably saved money due to that. In 2021 he is retiring and I will be shopping for an independent CFP/CPA.

4. Member
    Hmmm, I hadn't been getting them before that I remember, but a few of these trades the last little bit were bigger trades. Maybe that's what it was.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Hmmm, I hadn't been getting them before that I remember, but a few of these trades the last little bit were bigger trades. Maybe that's what it was.
    Could be. They change their stuff alot. When I got the notice for my Boeing purchase it had a WTF code on it.

6. Member
    it might be something to do with them having to act as a fiduciary on your behalf and based on that they have to mark the trades as not being something they recommended.

I'm just spitballing here
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    Yeah probably something like that. I wish brokers didn't have to do all of that junk, but with the way people are today I don't blame them. If I lose every dime I put into the market on purchases that I make I know that it's my fault. Just the world we live in I guess

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Interesting, never seen that before, I don't use TD. I don't get anything like that with Etrade, just a trade confirmation.
    Thanos was the hero