St. Lawrence vs Champlain late June/early July

Hey guys, looking to spend a week with my grandson at one or the other assuming we are allowed, two questions:

1. St. Lawrence around Chippewa area or Champlain probably up north end?
    2. I have these weeks open: June 20-27 or June 28-July 4.

Probably more interested in numbers vs size so he can catch a pile, hopefully.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john5915 View Post
    Hey guys, looking to spend a week with my grandson at one or the other assuming we are allowed, two questions:

1. St. Lawrence around Chippewa area or Champlain probably up north end?
    2. I have these weeks open: June 20-27 or June 28-July 4.

Probably more interested in numbers vs size so he can catch a pile, hopefully.
    Can't go wrong with Chippewa Bay and Goose Bay in keeping the kids or adults entertained with multi species everywhere. Do remember that the fence line to Canada is not that far off from the center of the channel,use Singer Castle island as center, so stay on our side of the fence and tight line to you.

BTW, Schermerhorn should have everything you need, and they are good people.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    both great, plan on alot of traffic on either of those dates anywhere you go especially opening weekend! (20th)

4. Member
    Thanks guys

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    both great, plan on alot of traffic on either of those dates anywhere you go especially opening weekend! (20th)
    I believe that your statement would be correct in the 'old normal', but please keep in mind that we are operating under a 'new normal', so the amount of traffic both on water and roads it is going to be severely altered from past season.
    As of today, we have not opened our lake house for the season, and I know many of our neighbors in the A Bay/Clayton area in the same situation, both due to the high water and rising and Covid 19.
    I drove by 3 local ramps yesterday, and you could count all the trailers in both hands with digits left. I pray that things will change as summer unfolds.
    Be well and most of all be safe.

6. Member
    Chippewa and goose bay are both good ... and other areAs in and around those bay are great too..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I believe that your statement would be correct in the 'old normal', but please keep in mind that we are operating under a 'new normal', so the amount of traffic both on water and roads it is going to be severely altered from past season.
    As of today, we have not opened our lake house for the season, and I know many of our neighbors in the A Bay/Clayton area in the same situation, both due to the high water and rising and Covid 19.
    I drove by 3 local ramps yesterday, and you could count all the trailers in both hands with digits left. I pray that things will change as summer unfolds.
    Be well and most of all be safe.
    I would tend to disagree.. not sure up that way but down here we are seeing a record number of boats. Ramps that are normally baron in late April.. have been packed. Went to one of my favorite lakes this past Saturday and I literally took the last 2 parking spots. We normally see that lot, full like that, mid summer when there are alot of pleasure boats mixed in w fishing boats. These we all fishing boats. More people off and not working equals more people fishing, "Non essential travel" means nothing to guys who have been waiting 5 to 6 months to fish. You have no boats at your local ramps as you have no early bass fishing season. Once the season opens it will be packed and i think more then you are used to seeing especially if businesses are still closed and people are unemployed.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-28-2020 at 05:55 PM.

8. Member
    I would tend to disagree.. not sure up that way but down here we are seeing a record number of boats. Ramps that are normally baron in late April.. have been packed. Went to one of my favorite lakes this past Saturday and I literally took the last 2 parking spots. We normally see that lot, full like that, mid summer when there are alot of pleasure boats mixed in w fishing boats. These we all fishing boats. More people off and not working equals more people fishing, "Non essential travel" means nothing to guys who have been waiting 5 to 6 months to fish. You have no boats at your local ramps as you have no early bass fishing season. Once the season opens it will be packed and i think more then you are used to seeing especially if businesses are still closed and people are unemployed.
    Agreed!!!

9. Member
    I doubt the water temps in Binghamton-Deposit area is much warmer than Rochester area-45 degrees, which is where I am, and some of the business are starting back up as of next week, which is great news. With the amount of traffic picking up next week, I don't think the non essential travel will be up for long, so things are starting to move in a positive direction, and I hope that everyone keeps up the good work that has gotten us to this point safely so far. This virus is very real and not an hoax, as some clowns out there in social media land would like us to believe, since several of my family members are in medical field dealing with death every day.
    Be safe, be well, and be smart about your health and others.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I doubt the water temps in Binghamton-Deposit area is much warmer than Rochester area-45 degrees, which is where I am, and some of the business are starting back up as of next week, which is great news. With the amount of traffic picking up next week, I don't think the non essential travel will be up for long, so things are starting to move in a positive direction, and I hope that everyone keeps up the good work that has gotten us to this point safely so far. This virus is very real and not an hoax, as some clowns out there in social media land would like us to believe, since several of my family members are in medical field dealing with death every day.
    Be safe, be well, and be smart about your health and others.
    not sure what water temps have to do with anything discussed ...

11. Member
    not sure what water temps have to do with anything discussed ...
    You have no boats at your local ramps as you have no early bass fishing season.
    That is the reason why a mentioned about the water temp difference, but I do agree with you on the difference between Bingo and A Bay/Clayton.
    Hopefully, I will be going up there this weekend to check the house and maybe open it for the season, but I won't be rolling out the dock for a few weeks at least.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You have no boats at your local ramps as you have no early bass fishing season.
    That is the reason why a mentioned about the water temp difference, but I do agree with you on the difference between Bingo and A Bay/Clayton.
    Hopefully, I will be going up there this weekend to check the house and maybe open it for the season, but I won't be rolling out the dock for a few weeks at least.
    lake I mentioned that the ramp was full wasnt anywhere near binghamton or deposit..