Lakes Open May 1st!!

Looks like we are back in business on May 1st, although it sounds like tournament permits will still be on hold until the full stay home order is lifted. Oh well, it's a start. Ill probably be at Clinton when the clock strikes Midnight on April 30th, lol.

Look at the list. Only a half dozen or so from each region of the state. Clinton will open. Braidwood and Newton- no.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

3. Member
    https://www2.illinois.gov/dnr/closur...ngCoVID19.aspx

Thank you for your interest in visiting one of Illinois' State Parks – we're excited to welcome you back! We continue to monitor the spread and effects of COVID-19, working closely with the Office of Governor J.B. Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To best serve and protect our visitors and staff, the below locations are open effective May 1:

Parks will be open from sun-up to sundown. Guests will be allowed to engage in activities such as wildlife observation, hiking, biking, equestrian use and fishing (both from the bank and boats) and mushroom hunting. All visitors centers, campgrounds, playgrounds, shelter reservations, interpretive educational programs, beaches, special events and concessions will remain closed.

Northwestern Illinois: Argyle Lake State Park, Jubilee College State Park, Lowden State Park, Morrison-Rockwood State Park, Rock Island Trail State Park, Shabbona Lake State Recreation Area
    Northeastern Illinois: Chain o' Lakes State Park, Illinois and Michigan Canal State Trail, Kankakee River State Park, Moraine Hills State Park, North Point Marina
    East Central Illinois: Clinton Lake State Recreation Area, Eagle Creek State Park, Kickapoo State Park, Wolf Creek State Park
    West Central Illinois: Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area, Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area, Sangchris Lake State Park, Siloam Springs State Park, Washington County State Recreation Area
    Southern Illinois: Fort Massac State Park, Giant City State Park, Stephen A Forbes State Recreation Area, Wayne Fitzgerrell State Recreation Area

Sorry, hope I didn't confuse anyone. I started getting texts this afternoon from people informing me that Clinton was opening up and I just assumed that all of the state run areas were being opened. Oh well, I'm grateful that I no longer have to make the 45 minute drive to Springfield just to fish.

5. Member
    BTY ***** ser extended the stay at home till may 30

6. Member
    So upset braidwood is not open !!

7. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Thank you for the list HenryPF!
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

8. Banned
    Washed and ironed my jersey for opening day glamor pics

9. Member
    Come on open Newton !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only opening a few is only going to congregate a higher amount of people to the ones open. Which in turn will cause some statistical problem for them to re-close due to increasing numbers of infected. The better idea would be to open ALL of them. Oh well IL politicians know everything right?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybones View Post
    Only opening a few is only going to congregate a higher amount of people to the ones open. Which in turn will cause some statistical problem for them to re-close due to increasing numbers of infected. The better idea would be to open ALL of them. Oh well IL politicians know everything right?
    Oh ya..could you imagine if all of us mindless dolts were left to wander around aimlessly without any direction from our brilliant rulers in Springfield (well, actually Chicago)...

12. Member
    Maybe that is their diabolical plan.

Open May 1st

May 15 spike in Covid cases.

Close state back down thru Memorial day.

Never let a crisis go to waste during large budget proposals.

Hellinois only asked for an extra 41 Billion last time.

13. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Clinton was packed yesterday on and off the water. Felt good to get out with my son though.

90214168-B0D7-43EB-9A93-FC551B0AF025.jpeg
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

14. Member
    I think they just opened up more lakes:

Parks Open for Limited Use During COVID-19

Thank you for your interest in visiting one of Illinois' State Parks – we're excited to welcome you back! We continue to monitor the spread and effects of COVID-19, working closely with the Office of Governor J.B. Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To best serve and protect our visitors and staff, the below locations are open effective May 1:

Parks will be open from sun-up to sundown. Guests will be allowed to engage in activities such as wildlife observation, hiking, biking, equestrian use and fishing (both from the bank and boats with a limit of two persons per boat regardless of the relationship of the people in the boat) and mushroom hunting. All visitor centers, campgrounds, playgrounds, shelter reservations, interpretive educational programs, beaches, special events and concessions will remain closed; turkey hunting will remain suspended at state parks.

** Note: Adeline Jay Geo-Karis Illinois Beach State Park is currently closed due to flooding and storm damage and will not be open on May 1st. The park will reopen when flood waters recede and storm damage is cleared.

For additional information on specific areas within the park that are open, please follow the link to the park webpage.
    Northwestern Illinois: Argyle Lake State Park, Black Hawk State Historic Site, Franklin Creek State Natural Area, Hennepin Canal State Trail, Illini State Park, Johnson-Sauk Trail State Recreation Area, Jubilee College State Park, Lowden State Park, Mississippi Palisades State Park, Morrison-Rockwood State Park, Prophetstown State Park, Rock Cut State Park, Rock Island Trail State Park, Shabbona Lake State Recreation Area, White Pines Forest State Park
    Northeastern Illinois: Adeline Jay Geo-Karis Illinois Beach State Park ** / North Point Marina, Chain O' Lakes State Park, Goose Lake Prairie State Natural Area, Illinois and Michigan Canal State Trail (includes Buffalo Rock, Channahon, Gebhard Woods, and William G Stratton), Kankakee River State Park, Moraine Hills State Park, Silver Springs State Fish & Wildlife Area, Volo Bog State Natural Area
    East Central Illinois: Clinton Lake State Recreation Area, Eagle Creek State Park, Fox Ridge State Park, Kickapoo State Park, Moraine View State Recreation Area, Walnut Point State Park, Weldon Springs State Park, Wolf Creek State Park
    West Central Illinois: Beaver Dam State Park, Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area, Fort de Chartres State Historic Site, Lewis & Clark State Historic Site, Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site, Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area, Sangchris Lake State Park, Siloam Springs State Park, Washington County State Recreation Area
    Southern Illinois: Beall Woods State Park, Cache River State Natural Area, Cave-in-Rock State Park, Dixon Springs State Park, Ferne Clyffe State Park, Fort Massac State Park, Giant City State Park, Hamilton County State Fish & Wildlife Area, Horseshoe Lake-Alexander State Fish & Wildlife Area, Kinkaid Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, Lake Murphysboro State Park, Ramsey Lake State Recreation Area, Red Hills State Park, Saline County State Fish & Wildlife Area, Sam Parr State Fish & Wildlife Area, Stephen A Forbes State Recreation Area, Tunnel Hill State Trail, Wayne Fitzgerrell State Recreation Area